Solved

Multiple Checklists and order of checklist lines

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

We have a case where multiple checklists are added to a service order. In back office, checklists appear in alphabetic order, but the liens are not numbered in the same order.

What determines the order? Can it be set? What is the criterion? 
Indeed, in mobility, the lines appear in this order : 

Thank you.

Laurence

ALLIANCE V15.1.0.12

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 18 April 2023, 14:56

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Laurence,

I believe the order is determined in the Checklist module and if you want to change the order, you can use the controls to move them up or down or to indent them under another line...

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Chris,

Thank you, but in this case, this is not possible : service orders are created by MP batch which creates a lot of records.

Checklists are added automatically, based on CL reference, and there is no user update.

e need in this case to understand the logi.

BR

Laurence

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi, 

Does anyone have an answer for me?

We need to know how the numbering of the Checklist lines on the same activity is done, when several checklists are added, especially for mobile app.

Thank you

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I received the below from R&D in regards to your question:

First the cl_name (Checklist Name) field in ascending order, the second is seq_in_execution field in ascending order in each checklist:

<xsl:sort select="cl_name" order="ascending" />
<xsl:sort select="seq_in_execution" order="ascending" data-type="number"/>

Hopefully this answers your question.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you. 

Well, actually, there’s something I don’t understand. Let’s have a look on the following example : 

1st : OK Checklist names iin the appropriate order.

2nd : why do I have ligne 1 on the second CL ? 

Thank you

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

Would you able able to set this up on QAC so we can look directly?  Which version are you doing this in and what UI client?  Astea Browser or Web Employee Portal?

My expectation is that the checklists would be sorted by the name first and then the lines but in your screen you are showing a checklist INT_BATOND_ENT between the other two… I would have expected the normal sort would have that above the STATUT_MAINTENA…

However, the line number does not matter as it would be a secondary sort.

This may be an issue and ticket probably should be logged with all the information needed to reproduce the problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil, 

Yes, I’ve been able to reproduce that on QAC. Please see SV2303310014, and the attached screenshot.

Thanks

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

The checklists are first displayed in alphabetic order:

LDE Photo Orientation, LDE_AX_ANO, LDE_AX_ANO_V2, LDE_AX_UM_V5

This is the primary column sort.

Then within each checklist, it is sorted per the line and child lines (outline).

How do you see this as incorrect, the physical layout is correct per the described sort mentioned from R&D?

Your question is why there is a 3 or 4 at the beginning of the LDE Photo Orientation for example.

I am speculating but I think this is based on the order the checklists were added/linked to the activity.  So, I think the 2nd, 3rd checklists in the list were added prior to the 1st checklist in the list and then the 4th (last checklist) was added/linked after the 1st checklist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I have proven my hypothesis to be correct.  Please see below… I linked the LDE Photo checklist first before assigning the activity.  Here you will see the numbering to in order pre your question:

The major numbering for the lines are determined when the checklist is linked to the order and it is retained even when the Checklist is sorted by the Checklist Description.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you. But in our case, the checklists are added automatically, based on the activity (checklist reference) 

so we don’t know what is the criteria in this case. What is used to add the checklists in the appropriate order when several checklists are refered by the same activity ?

We need to know that because we want to add at the beggining some other checklists manually. These checklits may have several version (checklist_X, checklist_X_V01 etc).
What can you suggest ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I have presented this back to R&D with more clarity what the issue is for you.  I will let you know if they have a response or a solution.

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil, 

Do you have any feedback from R&D ? 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I received feedback today:

If you have 2 checklists named AB (created first) and AA, both reference the same activity code, when they are added to the activity, first AB will be sorted (it’s checklist_cl_id number is lower than the AA checklist_cl_id) and its entries sequence numbers, and later AA with it’s entries, the system will first assign the numbering to the AB entries and later to the AA entries.

The client sorting will eventually sort based on the checklist names, so it will show AA first and AB first, but the numbering is calculated before on the server, hence it looks confusing.

This is not a controllable option and would require code changes to implement differently.

For example and not something reviewed or agreed to implement would be to change the numbering any time a new checklist is linked to the order to do it by Alphabetic sort so it would align with the display.  Issue is checklist line numbers are based on the ID generated when the checklist is first created.  Lower ID’s always get the lower step values in the service order.