Solved

Multi Selection in QBE

• 29 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In the last Release we have a new functionality to allow multi selection of contracts in Filters.

I assume that we don’t have this option in a QBE in the service order transaction for example.

Do you know if it’s possible to add this option in many  main QBE (Service order, repair order, customer support, general queue, etc.)

it could be a nice feature because we often do multi selection in QBE.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 29 September 2023, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

If I understand you correctly, you want to search for multiple contracts in the search screens as a filter selection, correct?

This would be a code change and not likely implemented in standard. If I misunderstood your reason, please provide a case scenario of how this would be used and benefits.

Also keep in mind, new functionality to the Alliance product is very difficult to approve as an aging product in the IFS portfolio.

IFS Alliance Support Timeline | IFS Community

What you should probably look at is IFS Cloud solutions and see if the functionalities you need are available there and if not, submit ideas to the Ideation group.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks @Phil Seifert   Correct but not only for contracts but nodes or customers.
For example in the service order screen, you may want to find service orders for Cust1, Cust 2, Cust 3 , but if i’m not mistaken, we couldn’t do multi selection in a QBE. However, in the filters for dispatch console we could do that now for contracts or node, etc..

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I understand what you mean and the change for the dispatch console filters was based on that there was already an option to search for a list present but you could not define the list.

You are correct the other screens, this was not already possible and thus would require a code change.  I wish I could bring better news for you in this request but not likely to add to standard at this stage.