Question

MFA for Alliance partner portal

• 7 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Can the Alliance 15.4 partner portal be configured with MFA authentication?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Joy,

I searched all the documentation and did not find any reference to MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) so the answer I believe is no.

If I hear any differently, I will come back with an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Joy,

After discussion with R&D, it seems that you could use a 3rd party MFA solution which would provide the token back to Alliance which itself does not manage the MFA process.  We have a customer who authenticate via 3RD party and the users authenticated to Alliance using this token.

Alliance supports SSO and MFA authentication is functionality related to the SSO provider and it is transparent for Alliance. Antoher customer uses MFA authentication as part of their SecureAuth SSO implementation. The MFA authentication is between the SSO provider and the customer. Alliance just receives a token after all validations for login.

I suggest if you need further information or advice in this area you reach out to IFS Alliance Services (not Support) to explore the options and changes needed since you are hosted by IFS in Azure and will need their services in any case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI Phil could you confirm or not that the partner portal can work with SSO in 15.4 or we still need to have alliance login/password  ? (then if we use Azure  we will have the MFA according to customer policy)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Christophe,

The information I have from R&D:

Yes, Alliance supports SSO also in the Partner portal. Our biggest customer is using it.

I am not involved in setting such things up and cannot advise how to do it myself.  I did follow up on this with one of the technical resources and he said:

Customer is using 3RD  party MFA and not Multi active directory domains.

Technically customer authenticates via 3RD party and the users authenticated to Alliance using this token.