Solved

Keep tooltip displayed untill mouse move

• 4 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Is there any way to increase delay or to keep displaying a tooltip on list views, untill mouse moves outside of the field ? 

For the moment, the tooltip is displayed for 5 s. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 4 August 2023, 15:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

When an application uses windows control generating tooltips, there are several options such as display until cursor moved, goes outside boundary, time duration, etc.

As far as I know this would be a change to the web page code and not a user configurable option.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Phil is correct that in Astea Browser even up the v15.sp4.su6 it is as you show in your picture.  On individual screens the tooltip displays as long as the cursor is on top of the value, that is for those fields where the tooltip was implemented.  We have had customers who are still using Astea Browser who have had timeout changed on specific pages by customization.

In Browser Agnostic version for v15.sp4.su6, that I run on Chrome or Edge, the tooltip on the list column value displays as long as the cursor is on the value.  SU6 has not yet been released yet but I believe that it works this way since SP3 at least.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil 😎,

Thank you. In this case, we’re not yet on the web version. We use V15.1.

What is surprising is that inside a zoom view (hereunder service order), tooltip stays untill the cursor moves, while in list view it stays only 5s. 

Any tip ? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

First, the Astea Browser is deprecated unless serious bugs are found. Any change like this would have to be a customization code change request as I mentioned in my first reply. There are different ways to configure the tooltip in code but not user configurable 

Jacques also confirmed this was a customization change for another company also using the Astea Browser.

There will not be a change to standard and would have to be handled as a change request.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil, Jacques,

Could you please give us some tips to configure the tooltip delay in code ?

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Guys,

What would you say if I tell you that on one computer we have tooltip displayed for unlimited time except if we move the mouse ?

This can be reproduced only on this computer whatever the user login. 

This is exactly what we need….

Any idea ?

thank you

Laurence