Solved

Is there also a possibility to have the Request Type filled in with a default when creating a NEW Customer Support or Service Order?

• 12 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is there also a possibility to have the Request Type filled in with a default when creating a NEW Customer Support or Service Order ? Can we somewhere define a default UM Request Type ?

icon

Best answer by Andrew D'Antonio 13 October 2021, 00:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t see a setting in the out-of-the-box application for UM request types; however, this is also something that can be done maybe with a Process Flow - to populate the request type of an order if it was saved without the field populated.

To see all standard settings in the application in one place, you can also go to the “Advanced Workflow Viewer” module.  There is a QBE on that screen that allows you to filter by the description of the setting.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You can also set the default value easily via Customizer.

Regards,

Susie

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I customized the field to fill in the text SUPPORT which we would like to have as default request type on the NEW page. This still results in a blank field on the NEW page, no matter if I check or uncheck “Only When Empty”.

I did the same customization on the Description field and there the text I entered is correctly shown as default.

What goes wrong with the Request Type field ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi, if it’s not working, please contact your local support team.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I had some issues today with the customizer and had to flushe all cache before Aste reacted normal again.

I retried to Customize the Request Type field and Astea behaves correctly now ! It works in both modules Customer Support Order and Service Order where on NEW the default Request Type is filled in.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks for your update.  I am glad to hear that you have worked it out!