Solved

Is there a way to restrict what attachments can be seen on Mobile?

• 6 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Is there any way we can control which attachments an SA can have access to in Mobile?  At the moment it seems that anything we attach to a Service Order, is available for them to view but we would rather that they can only see certain files, to make it easier for them to find the ones they need and also to avoid them accessing some files that they should not see.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 6 July 2023, 16:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

The only restrictions available are the ones you have assigned to the attachments in General.

• Employee
  • Customer & Employee
  • Vendor
  • Customer

If I recall correctly, the Employee has the highest level of permission and thus can view all the other defined types such as Vendor and Customer via the UI.  There are no restrictions preventing the employee from seeing any attachment and I am not aware of one specific to mobile users.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that but we have noticed also that the SA on mobile sees attachments that are set on the contract, as well as whatever is set on the Service Order.  We don’t want them seeing the attachments from the contract, only the Service Order.

I am guess the same answer applies but worth asking; is there any way to only show attachments that are on the Service Order and NOT those only attached to the contract or Customer Center?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Chris,

Short of modifying the DAL used to deliver the attachments to mobile which is a customization, I don’t believe there is any other option.  If you did this, it would also impact all users so you should be sure you don’t want them download to any user, not just a subset of users.

Otherwise, perhaps an MOE as change request customization can manage this too but right now, standard does not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thanks Phil. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Phil, just wanted to jump in and second this with Chris. We have the same issue. There are a number of contract / estimate / customer PO docs etc. in the attachments that we don’t necessarily want field techs to see. If there was an option for ‘MOBILE’ whereby the only items visible on the mobile are specified as such. In addition, we would want field attachments / pictures, to fall into that Mobile category. Are you aware of any requests for improvement made on this subject? 

Thanks, Sean

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Sean,

Sorry, I am not aware of any ongoing or proposed development of that nature.  @Reid Gilbert ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is not on the current product roadmap at this time, you can log a RFE ticket for it in our production system or else it can be developed as a small customization (this can’t be done through the Mobile Customizer application).
Thanks,
Reid