Solved

is_billable in order_line table

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I have search but cannot find what sets or triggers the is_billable value in order_line table.

thanks.

Robin

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 3 October 2023, 13:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Robin,

This column is always populated with Y when the customer support or service order is created though I am not aware of any process which might set it otherwise than this response I had from R&D:

This field is always set to Y by default on the new service order. But if the order is created from the Fixed type Field quotation, as far as I remember this field will be set to F.

So, there are times you make a fixed price quotation, the service order has to understand that prices cannot be changed, etc. thus this column is set to F at that point.  Otherwise it is always Y.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

We want to set is_billable on order_line to N at default and create a process flow that check if a demand on order has a billable line, and then set is_billable on order_line to Y.

I want to create a customised field, then i saw this field available, so i was curious what this field triggers to set Y of N

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Robin,

I would not play around with this field as you may cause unintended consquences in regards to processing the service order.  From R&D response, it is either Y or F (meaning it was a fixed price field quotation).

I don’t even think this field is picked by the billing engine which is going to look at the lines directly to see if what type of billing needs to be done (Billable, Not Billable, Fixed, Policy where three of these will result in billing).

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thanks, i will create a new customised field to do what we want.