Question

Internal Repair Order

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are trying to nail down a process for the following situation. We have unverified equipment in our warehouses that have been returned from customers. We need to clean and test these items before returning to good stock. We have been using Repair Orders for this. It works in all cases except for this scenario:

For non-serialized parts, we need to send multiple qty through repair on one order. For example, open a repair order for 10 cash drawers to be cleaned and tested so they can be returned to good or bad stock. 

Any suggestions on how we could make this happen would be appreciated, thanks! We are using Alliance 15.2.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Sorry, I may not fully understand the question.

When you create an internal Repair for non-serial product, you can enter the Product Qty.

When you resolve the Repair Order, you can enter the how many qty are fixed. Only the fixed product will be moved to good bin. The ‘not fixed’ will stay in bad bin.

Hope this answer your question.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Joshua Liem ,

You are correct, our issue in this situation (which I agree would be the simplest) is that the repair order does not allow you to source where the items are coming from (that I know of?). Choosing Activate once the repair order is open automatically allocates items in bad stock, I’m not sure how it chooses the bin. 

Our product is not in bad, but in another unusable inventory type. Any way to choose where we want those items for repair to come from?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Leann,

When you do receiving non-serialized product for Internal Repair Order, inventory type = ‘bad’ will be chosen as the first priority. The application will search all bins with inventory type = bad which have enough qty in the stock. If they are not available then the search will continue for other inventory types with category ‘regular’ (for non consignment inventory).

Unfortunately you cannot pre-select a particular inventory type or bin code.

In order to achieve your scenario, I would create a dedicated Repair Warehouse for this purpose, which has only your specific bin. So if you create an Internal Repair Order and assign to that warehouse, the application is trying to find your product in that specific bin only.

Please play around with the above scenario and good luck.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Joshua Liem

I’m not finding that the application will search any unusable type other than bad. I get the following:

Is this process something anyone else has used? Moving unverified items through repair for testing in order to return to good or bad, is this a common process for any other users?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Leann,

I understand you want get the product from a specific bin, not bad bin?

The error message you see is saying that you do not have enough stock in bad bin for Repair.

Let’s say you create a new bin ‘Default_Refurb’ and bin type ‘refurb’ .

Let’s say you have product MC773LL/A-WS sitting in Warehouse = ‘REPAIR’ bin = ‘Default_Refurb’, qty = 100.

You then create internal repair order for them.

When you activate the Repair Order, you will see a message asking you to transfer to bad bin. Select Yes, to transfer the product from ‘refurb’ to ‘bad’, which is ok.

Once the Repair Order is completed, for example 90 are ok and 10 not repairable, 90 will be transferred to good bin and 10 will remain in bad bin.

You need to be  diligent in transferring those repaired/non-repaired products to different warehouse after Repair Order has been closed, because you don’t want product accumulated in any bin other than ‘refurb’.

The idea is to use Warehouse = ‘REPAIR’ dedicated for this purpose.