Question

I am looking to disable this Dispostion field on Mobile

• 12 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The disposition field below appears as though it is disabled but our field users have the ability to manually change this to fulfilled. Our issue is that these material lines may be on a PR that has not yet been received. If the field user flips this field to Fulfilled, it automatically changes the PR to a ‘Received by Customer’ status in the back office. At this point, we lose all visibility of product that has not yet been physically received. Any thoughts ? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Sean,

I don't think you want to disable this for all use cases otherwise you would never be able to fulfill material demands on the service order for those that are not related to a PR which has not been shipped or received to your van warehouse.

However, what should be looked at is whether the field should be editable while there is still an outstanding logistics or PR on that specific demand until it is received in the van warehouse if that is the location is should be delivered prior to fulfillment.

I suspect this is not possible in the case where it may be a ship direct to the site location.

@Reid Gilbert , your thoughts on this one?  Is it an issue that this change is allowed while there is still outstanding logistics to bring it to the van?  I would think it would be allowed if it was a direct shipment from the warehouse or PR vendor so the product can be indicated as received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Phil and Sean,
I took a look in the code and it looks like it’s only checking for ldmnd_stat_id of 344 (PR Rejected) so log a ticket for this issue and we’ll run it by the R&D team...they’ll need to dig into it further to determine whether it’s a bug/RFE/working as designed…
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you guys. I will submit a ticket and let you know what the # is.

Just to clarify, We want the field techs to use or not use a part from the material screen but what we are trying to avoid is them manually fulfilling a PR by drilling into the page where they can manually ‘Fullfill’ the disposition.  This forces the PR into received by customer status.   Field techs should have the ability to fulfill allocated parts and fulfill ‘received” parts but should not be able to receive a Purchase req on the mobile. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ticket US0073458@@1 has been submitted.

Thanks, Sean