Question

High Volume Picks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Good morning, 

We are looking for process ideas/suggestions or how other customers may circumvent this issue. We are in Alliance 15. Our pick lists often have hundreds of lines. Our pickers scan the serials into the Serial field in the Pick screen (as shown). We have to save the pick list every couple of pages in order to not lose all data. However, it happens fairly often that once we get to the end of the pick list (even after saving frequently), we get the error message that all serial numbers are not entered. To go back through 700+ serials means we have to scan them all again to determine which ones were missed, and adds hours to the process. Any suggestions on how to handle this differently? Any way to import the serials to a pick list if over a certain quantity? Any way to receive a pop-up or anything when a serial is missed on a line? We are open to any and all suggestions on this pain point. 

(The screenshot below is from our test environment, so items in production would have bin and allocation already completed)

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

I don’t have a solution for you  but perhaps to clarify a few things.  The data is stored initially in the local state before that is committed to the server.  Large pick lists, I suppose I might be concerned about available memory on the client which perhaps is losing informaton in the state when it gets too large?  The user clients are at least 16GB RAM and not running much else?

When you go back to look after getting the error, do you find serial numbers actually not displayed on the page? Or is this a case where the display shows them but submitting to save the committed state says there are missing serial numbers?

We do not have a standard import for pick lists that I can see so if you wanted to do an import, this would have to be developed if possible. To have a pop-up occur relies on actions that take place on the server and it seems to me that just moving from page to page is not doing any actions on the server.  Not sure how a pop-up alert can be managed as a client side development would need to know the product is serialized and then check if all the rows impacted have them when using the scroll arrows.

Again, I don’t have any solutions and hope others have some ideas.

@JacquesC   @PDesrumaux   You guys have any thoughts?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Phil, 

We do find that the serial numbers are not displayed on the page after save. It’s usually very random… one line on page 14, two on page 18, etc. Just finding those lines that are blank usually takes some time and for each line, we have to scan all the serials to find the ones that weren’t captured. 

We are open to having an import developed if that would help, our team is already scanning all serials into a spreadsheet in addition to the system because of this issue. Thanks for your thoughts on the pop-up, I understand what you’re saying.