Solved

General Queue error in web portal

• 7 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We have one user who was personalizing his view of the General Queue in the web portal (Alliance 15) and is now getting the error below when opening this module. He can access it fine in the Astea Browser. Is there a way to clear the cache, deinstall, etc. in the web portal that would reset this for him? Or any other suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 18 June 2022, 16:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Leann,

When this happens and you click the OK button, does the QBE still remain visible and have access to the View selections?  If so, you can try to delete the views (or reset them) with the manage view option.

If not, perhaps by clicking on the three dots in the far right in any screen where you can select the Settings option, there are options to flush various caches:

Can’t say this would resolve it as I have not seen this before but it is worth a shot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Phil Seifert ,

If I choose ok, the screen remains the same, but there are no views listed. It looks like the below. 

Also, I don’t have the Flush Cache option under Settings. I thought I used to though? I tried logging in as Customizer as well and it is not there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hmmm… if you are using Chrome, can you try Edge? Or vice versa?  If it looks normal then, perhaps you can manage the views? Or use the flush options in the settings mentioned above.

Not knowing which browser the user is accessing but perhaps also clearing cache within the browser itself  (not Alliance Settings Flush).

Another thought, if possible, is to see if the user can try this on another PC?

Only other option I can think of is to use the Alliance Browser, go to catalog-options, clear cache but select clear views.  This may delete all views for all modules but perhaps would get the user back online for the web employee portal general queue again.

As stated earlier, I have not seen this before and can only make suggestions. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Good morning @Phil Seifert , 

I’ve tried multiple browsers, all flush options (within Alliance Browser and within internet browsers), and multiple PCs.

I also tried making the employee inactive for a period, changing to a different security role, etc., and I’m still getting the same result. 

I’ve instructed him to use the Alliance Browser for now as a workaround. Should I open a ticket? Or do you have other suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I think a ticket would be best at this point… so to summarize:  (confirm if the first point is correct in the ticket)

• You have a single user who only has a problem with the General Queue module (no other modules and no other users).
  • You have tried different browsers and different PC’s (which seems to indicate it is server side issue for his account) and not related to the individual internet browsers; Chrome or Edge 
  • You have tried Cache clears on all internet browsers, tried removing views from the Alliance Browser, plus tried Flush options now, not just clear cache.

Your environment is hosted, if I recall, so you don’t have access to the database.  What I can suggest is someone take a look at the cp_application_view table for that user (I don’t know the user_id so can’t look myself) and perhaps manually remove the views associated to this user for the General Queue module.

When you log your ticket, please be sure to mention which user_id is involved and also what internet browser this user accesses the Web Employee Portal (Chrome or Edge).

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks, yes, all points are correct. I’ll open a ticket and include this information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Leann,

I don’t know if your issue has been resolved or not but I wish to respond to the flush cache option that is no longer visible as you thought you had this in the past.  I recently found out this option is only available if you have enabled debug mode in the global.xml for the profile and I thought I had to do an IISRESET as well so the server picked it up so it was available for new session connections.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks @Phil Seifert , that did fix the missing flush cache issue!