Question

Export function - Control which columns to display

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Experts,

In Alliance, if we go to service order module > add a search criteria > use export button and export records to excel spreadsheet, we can get an excel document with number of columns. Is there any functionality available in Alliance that we could use to control the columns to be exported. For example, if I only want to export request id, status and open date columns according to this example, how to do that. Thanks.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kalpani,

As far as I am aware, unfortunately not at that level within the module’s export.

You can design export templates for use in the Export module using the export template wizard but the search criteria is maintained within the template itself and not dynamic on screen selection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The export functionality from the UI exports the entire state (based on the columns within the state query in the application). For QBE screens, the system exports the columns in the QBE scroller query.  The only way that I know of to limit to certain columns is by creating an export template that Phil mentioned in his reply.