Solved

Error Merging jobsites undifined on mobile

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

One of our field agents get a error when refreshing of when a call is dispatch to him. It happens regular and i cannot reproduce it.

Cache is cleared.

What is the explanation of this error, i think it is data related, can someone push me in the right direction where to look maybe?

Thanks.

Robin,

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 29 June 2023, 17:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Robin,
The job site data is downloaded to the mobile device when a service order for that site is dispatched out to the mobile technician so I suspect the technician was recently pushed out another service order for a job site that already exists on the mobile device and there’s something in the data that is causing an issue).  Check the Messenger module to see what service order was pushed out to the mobile device right before the error was encountered and then log in as this technician in your UAT environment and push out service orders for the same site and see if you can recreate it using the same data in that environment.

If that doesn’t help then have the technician log out, click on Reinitialize and then log back in again, that should purge all of the previous job site information from the device and then monitor it for a bit to see if that solves the issue.  If that doesn’t work then have the technician enable the Debug Logs on the mobile device (there’s a toggle on the Comm Diagnostics screen) for a day or two and see if that captures any additional information before this particular error is thrown on the screen:

Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid,

Thanks, we will monitoring it with Enable Logs function.

When technician send the logs to server, where on the server will the log be located or will it be added to default Mobile Edge log file?

Thanks, 

Robin

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Robin,
When the debug logs are enabled the mobile device should splash a red text window on the screen that asks the technician to take a screenshot and then do a copy/paste of the details on the error (usually that will be a JavaScript snippet that will help us to pinpoint the root cause).  The error details will also be uploaded to the Mobile server in the following location:

\Program Files\Alliance Mobile Edge\AsteaMobileEdgeServices\Logs

(there will be .txt files called AsteaLog followed by the year, month, day) so just grab the log file for the entire day and send it over to me for review (along with the technician’s user ID and the approximate time they encountered the error).

What version of Mobile Edge are you currently running?  Is it 15.4.8.0?  
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid, yes we are using 15.4.8 at the moment.

If the techincian get the error again i will send the log.

Thanks.

Robin