Solved

Duplicates Services in Service Order

• 3 January 2024
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I wonder if you can see any reason why, sometimes, we have duplicates in Services for a service order, which are added automatically somehow ?

See this screen shot : 

2 Products of service have been added, we don’t really know when and how.

BR

Laurence

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 February 2024, 09:15

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Laurence,
Check the Problem Codes module (retrieve the problem code record that is entered on the Service Order), see if there are any Service Guide demands listed in there (this may be causing them to get auto-loaded onto the order):

Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid,

Yes, I’ve checked that already, but in our case, this is not the problem as far as I can see.

But, I’ve just been able to reproduce that adding a new equipement to the service order. Can you see how an equipement can add service product ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is this a PM service order?  If so, are there PM dates entered on the installed item record?  Try clicking on the STD Guide button on the Advanced/PM Dates tab, see if that gives any insight:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If adding new equipment is adding new services, I think Reid is on the right track with Standard Guides.  The “Auto Load” checkbox will add standard guides for each item added to the order.  If not on the problem code or item itself, is it on the contract?

You can also check the database with this query to see if there are any standard guides defined that use those services.

--Check problem code standard guides.
select * from pcode_demand_xref where bpart_id in ('SERFORFAIT002', 'SERFORFAIT003');

--Check contract standard guides.
select * from contract_std_guide where bpart_id in ('SERFORFAIT002', 'SERFORFAIT003');

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid and Andrew,

Thank you for your answer.

I’ve checked that as well and can confirm there is no service guide associated here.

But I’ve been able to move forward and I have a new input.

Adding an equipement (in my case on a resolved service order) seems to “regenerate” the Services associated to the already exists problem code. 

To make sure I changed the problem code, and do the exact same steps. The services added were related to this new problem codes.

Unfortunatly, I’m not able to reproduce that on QAC because of several error messages. 

ex : 

then save = 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Can you recreate this on another vanilla environment?  (I suspect someone is in the middle of a Customizer change on the QAC environment which is usually what triggers those system errors).  Try stepping through the source code in debug mode and see if you can pinpoint the exact point when the service guide demands are getting added to the order...it may be a standard bug that we need to log a support ticket for…
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Laurence,

I just remembered we had a customer report a similar issue with multiple demands added when items are added, and it was because of a setting in Workflow (Service).

Can you go to the Workflow (Service) module and check the setting “Increase Demands” and make sure that it’s set to “No” and see if the issue still occurs?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi guys,

QAC seems still to have problems today, so we’ve tried to reproduce on a standard environment here, and here are the results : 

On a resolved service order, with a problem code with service guide, we can see services have been added once. That’s right. If these services are fullfilled, then you add on service order header level an equipment, services are added again as open. so we have dupplicates.

Is that really an issue ? Should I log that ? 

Thank you

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Laurence,
I would suggest logging a ticket for this issue at this time, I think we need one of the Alliance application developers to give it a review and tell us whether that’s functioning as designed or if it’s an issue that needs to be fixed.  Just out of curiosity, what is the Increase Demands setting set to in your other vanilla environment?  Is that also set to a value of ‘No’?
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid,

In our standard environment, If I’m right and this parameter is in “Worflow (Service)”, our parameter is set to : 

What is it for ?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Andrew mentioned earlier that another customer reported a similar issue and changing that setting to No resolved the issue so let’s give that a quick test (if it behaves the way the customer wants it to then it may just be functioning as designed).
Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I can confirm we have an issue here because when this parameter is set to No, indeed, it’s OK.

So the question is : is that parameter used only for UM ? We do not want to have any impact for our customer in case we update this parameter. 

Then should I still need to create a ticket for dev to fix this issue ? 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m not sure what that parameter does, we would need one of the business consultants or Alliance application developers to chime in...so if you don’t get an answer here in a timely manner then log a ticket for the issue for further review, thanks.
Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The Order Workflow Setup user help document explains all of the options.  I don’t think the functionality that you’re explaining is a bug though.

With Consolidation - When this option is selected and multiple items are added to the order, Service Order consolidation will occur. All demands that existed before multiple items were added are increased by the quantity of the original demand quantity, multiplied by the number of added items. When the Service Guide demands options are selected (below) and the demand's quantity is changed and new items are added, the system will increase the demand's quantity by the service guide quantity, multiplied by the number of newly added items.

Without Consolidation - When this option is selected, no Service Order consolidation will occur.

Serv. Guide Dem. by Item - This selection means that all items located at a site will be consolidated on one multi-item Service Order line and request number (ID), the Service Guide demands will not be consolidated, i.e. each Service Guide demand will be tracked by serial number. If there are installed Items with different product IDs or products of different models, the system will add Service Guide demands and accumulate them on the order according to product/model reference of the problem code.

Ser. Guide Dem. – This selection means that all items located at a site will be consolidated on one multi-item Service Order line and request number (ID) and similar Service Guide demands will be consolidated and presented one time each, with Qty. accumulated by the number of added items.

Serv. Guide Dem. by Product – This selection means that all items located at a site will be consolidated on one multi-item Service Order line and request number (ID) and similar Service Guide demands belonging to Items based on the same products, will be consolidated and presented one time each, with accumulated Qty. If there are installed Items with different product IDs or products of different models, the system will add Service Guide demands and accumulate them on the order according to product/model reference of the problem code.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Well, that’s not fully clear for me, because :

1- the behavior occures only if Services are fulfilled (if open no service added, no more quantity)

2-The added installed item has no service guide. 

Then can you please confirm this parameter impacts only UM and not preventive maintenance ?

Thank you Andrew.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi, 

Just to let you know that I’m going to log a ticket on behalf of our customer on this topic, because, definitely we believe this is an issue.

BR

Laurence

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi guys,

Following your recommandations, I have created an issue on the support some weeks ago : EU0074485@@1

At the time, I don’t have any answer, but this has a great impact on the live application. 

Could you, at least, tell us what would be the impacts on processes ? Especially if this parameter impacts only UM and not Preventive Maintenance ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Laurence,

My expectation is it would only impact UM by default as the symptoms you are describing only occur when you add another item/product to the existing service order.  I normally would not expect to be doing that with a PM order as they are usually dedicated to a specific item.

However, I do note that in the service guide, you can specify whether the line is eligible for POM on the service guide line level.  So if you did not enable PM, I would not expect it to be applied or applicable to PM service orders.

In the meantime, I will see what is happening with the ticket and see that it is not stuck somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

I agree with Andrew, this is working correctly from my opinion.

Scenario:

Two installed items for the same product at the same site.  Item 1 has a problem code which includes a service guide having a service demand.  Item 2 does not have a problem code defined.

If you create the service order with the Item 1, the problem code defined on the item is now assigned to the service order.  Any future added items will use that problem code and with that setting, increase the demands per serial number.

If you create the service order with item 2, there is no autoload for the problem code (thus no service guide applied).  Adding Item 1 will not populate the service guide demands from Item 1's problem code as it is the problem code on the order header driving it at this point.

It did not make any difference whether I had fulfilled the service demand or not in my testing on QAC.

I think your expectation is that each item will apply it's own problem code service guide (if defined) and not the service order problem code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I discussed the design functionality with R&D and my scenarios in the last post were confirmed:

Yes, the auto-load of the service guide happens only ones when the order is created. A problem code loaded to the order when the order is created becomes the main problem code of the order and all associated service guide demands of the main problem code will be used for all installed items on the order.

At this stage a user can manually delete or add new demands to the order. If “Serv. Guide Dem. By Item” value of the “Increase Demands” global parameter is set,  when additional objects of service are added to the same order, the system takes all existing demands on the order, duplicates them for each installed item and creates a link between the demand and the installed item. If the item is then deleted, the system automatically deletes demands linked to the item.

If the “Increase Demands” global parameter is set to “Serv. Guide Dem.”, the system does not add new demands to the order, but increases qty of the existing demands.

So to put it short, when the order is created and a problem code is defined on the item at that time has a service guide, it will use that service guide for each added item.  This is why the demands are increasing.  Further, the autoload only occurs up order creation thus you have to do manual actions to adjust the demands to your final needs.