Solved

Display a Yes/No value in scroller

• 15 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

I wonder how we can set the way a Y/N value is displayed on the scroller.

For instance in Activity Tracking module, if field “Accepted” is Yes, it is display ticked whereas if Management is true, “Yes” is displayed ( no if false).

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 December 2023, 00:37

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Sorry but this also looks to be a change request to the website code.  This is not something user configurable to my knowledge.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Got it. Can we have a list of Yes/no values which are displayed ticked vs those which are displayed “Yes” or “No” ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I don't have such a list but can ask if there are general guidelines where the decision to make ticks instead of y/n are made.  If I hear something, I will let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I received the following response from R&D:

We don’t have such list. Many Web applications display V in such cases and not Yes/No. However, I have to agree with the customer that in the same module we have to have consistent representation. If required, we can change this in the Activity tracking module, so both columns have the same representation.

Given this response, please log a ticket to at least make the Activity Tracking module consistent. The change should be to use a check mark instead of yes/no, y/n or oui/non for such columns. This makes it consistent and more readablle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Unfortunately, after further investigation, this is not going to be possible.

It appears that Accepted is a Boolean value, showing ‘ticked’ or ‘unticked’ according to the value is true or false .This is a general framework code.

‘Management’ is bpart_gcl_id value, a string, when it is ‘Labor’ it is being shown as ‘No’, when it is ‘Mngt’ it is being shown as ‘Yes’. This value is taken from the DDLB.

It is impossible to change the Management to be Boolean or Accepted to be a string.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your answer.

Nevertheless, in activity tracking module I can see this “External” value displayed as ‘ticked’ whereas in Service Order module it is displayed as “Yes”.

Can you please confirm and move forward if needed on the change request ? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

I am not sure I follow your comment...The External value in the Activity of the Service Order is a tick box v14 and a slider in v15 (seen below).  It is not a Yes/No.

Can you provide a screen shot of what you mean?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Phil,,

Yes sorry, I was not clear enough.

This is in the Service order scroller list : 

In zoom mode indeed, this is a slider in both cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

Ok, I see what you mean.  I have sent this to R&D to get their response.

Please note, what you are seeing in the service order search results is the service_call.is_external flag which is populated when a demand has has the external flag set true (demand.is_external).

Technicially two different columns but still a boolean value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Laurence,

We have sent you a code change document for the Activity Tracking UI which presents the accepted and external columns as yes no in place of the tick mark.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Thank you very much !

Not yet received, but I’ll let you know :D 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Phil,

Can you please confirm to whom the fix has been sent ? I didn’t receive anything yet.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

I sent it twice to your email address plus the support group at your company.  Please see message I have placed in your Community private messages for the mail timestamps.