Question

default invoice at option to "After Audit" for service order

• 13 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

HI

I would like to know if there is a possibility to default the invoice option we have in service order to “After audit” trough settings or an approval process?

Thanks for your feedback

Rgds

Christophe

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I have been asked this previously but to default to invoice now instead of invoice later.

When R&D responded, it was no configuration available to change this and would be a small customization. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You could use an Approval Process perhaps.  There was an example in the documentation in V14 (Document: SV Approval Process that Stops Orders with Price Greater than 0) where you could set it so that you just click on the Invoice button and if there is a charge due, it would use LATER or AFTER AUDIT but if there was no charge, it would use NOW.

Sadly there was a bug with that in V14 so we never used it but perhaps that is something that could be used in V15?

If you search in the help for that document (SV Approval Process that Stops Orders with Price Greater than 0) it gives a worked example.

Please let me know if you manage to get that working because I would like to use it too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Chris,

Nice thought and may work for some scenarios. My concern is that there may be cases where they do want to invoice now without going through audit thus would conciously make that decision on the service order level.

The approval method would mean you could not invoice at all without going through audit queue if the value was greater than zero.  Still this might work for their needs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Phil,

Good point.  I wonder if there is any way to set the Approval Process to take into account the Invoice setting?  The default is “Later” but if it could recognise that it was changed to “Now” and then bypass that, then that would be ideal (of course I am just fantasising here, no idea if that is possible).

I can’t take any credit for the idea though, I got this suggestion in the past from Danny Klein.