Solved

Decimal value automatically rounded to integer before the end of typing

• 2 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Customer has an “issue” (for them this is really an issue) when completing a checklist.

When they enter a decimal value quietly, as soon as the green check is displayed (I guess auto validation) the value is rounded to an integer and loose the decimal separator.

If we type enough quickly, it’s OK, the decimal separator is kept.

Is there any parameter for that ? 

I’ve attached a small video to illustrate.

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 August 2023, 10:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

There is not a parameter outside of the checklist definition how to treat the data in the field assuming you did not define the checklist field as integer only but if you did, then it should not allow the decimal position.

It is possible to define a checklist as numeric and the format is set to no decimals:

If this is not the case, you should log a support ticket for this providing the definitions used for the checklist so this can be reviewed and fixed along with which version of Alliance Mobile Edge.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Reid,

Thank you. You’re right. Value is NOT defined as integer. Even more, if I set answer format to unsigned - Two decimal places (blank for the moment), behavior is the same, un fortunatly.

I’m going to log a support ticket for this.

(EU0072456@@1) - Please consider it urgently (detail in the ticket)

BR 

Laurence

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You are welcome Laurence… I know that Reid and I look very similar from a distance… 😉

I also would check that the regional setting for mobile defined in the Employees Security module for the user aligns with the regional setting used on the mobile client (assuming it is a phone client).

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Oups, 🙄sorry again, this is not the 1st time I make the confusion…

You both are my favourite contacts 😉

Regional setting are both in French. Note that we can enter a decimal value, if we are quick enough, or if we use the edit mode.

However, this is not an acceptable answer for the customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I see you logged the support ticket.  Can you confirm what version of Mobile Edge you are using along with what version of Android/IOS.  Your ticket is logged against Alliance 15.1 HF12 but we still need to know the Edge version.

Have you tried the latest version of Mobile Edge?  (15.4.9 was released with SU5 for example, 15.4.8 was released with SU4).

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Laurence,

This has been replicated in QAC now with Reid’s help and we are referring this to the Mobile R&D for further review.

The reason I was not able to reproduce this is that I had option -10287 enabled which then does not allow the in-line editing, it goes to a pop up window display.  When it is disabled and doing the in-line editing, it behaves the same as shown in your movie.