Solved

date format in Asta backoffice

• 13 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is it possible to use everywhere the same date format ?

example: in the queue and opening a customer Support order show day-month-year (our common used foramt) but in the title the date is shown as year-month-day

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 20 January 2022, 10:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Just for clarity for others reviewing this question, this title is a Customizer customization using the Title Editor and not a standard title in the application.

I am checking with R&D as this appears to be a deficiency/bug for Customizer Titles versus the main application and want their opinion.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We also see that date format is not the same for all users. When I log in, I have the correct date format:

when another employee log is, he has the US-format, both using Edge or using Chrome

How do we need to set the correct date format for all employees ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Piet,

We have a conf call in just a little bit but what I want to do is take a look at the settings in your browser client which do not inherit the system regional settings.  At least this is my first thought.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Piet - we saw that for the fields not formatting correctly, you did not have DATETIME set as the format in the Customizer Title Editor.  It is possible this is causing your issue where the format differs in the title from the main form that you showed above.

Please see what you can do to test this again on another profile or module so you don’t lose your current customizations as we discussed.

Here is the example screen from the Title Editor where the format for contra_eta is defined as DateTime to give an example:

For the second issue you reported above, be aware that the modern browsers (Chrome, Edge) maintain their own formatting based on the language defined in the browser.  You should check your two users whether they have the same setting for languages in their respective browsers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I ran through the process on our environment and you do need to define the format type (see below) to have the correct formatting in the Customizer Title Editor.

In addition, you need to also change the format in the modern browser (in my case Chrome) so that the Dutch format was applied in the web employee portal.

See steps.

• Prior to making any changes, the screen looks like this:
  • Using Customizer to modify the Titles  (and publish to all).  Your setting was blank.
  • Astea Browser shows the correct format:
  • However, Chrome Web Employee portal still showed the wrong format so had to change the language setting in Chrome to the following making sure Dutch was topmost and the display language for the Chrome UI:
  • Now the Web Employee Portal shows the correct formatting:

This should take care of your reported scenarios above.