Solved

Customer Center : Customer creation with managing a Formula

• 23 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello,

I would like to know if we could manage a formula when we create a customer like we can (if i don't make a mistake ?) for a contract template.

For example : In creation the ID of the customer could begin by 400  or 600 or 300 depending on a classification.

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 23 August 2023, 11:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

There is an option to manage the format of the company_id which is used for the customer ID via the formula manager using Customizer.

However, this does not apply rules based on classifications for the customer so I would have to say no this is not possible without code customization.

Of course, this does not mean you cannot import new customers and the data supplied in the import would be used instead of the auto-generation from the application for the UI.  This way you can manage the formulation of the company_id externally before importing the new customer.

The UI itself when generating the customer will only rely on the configuration defined in the formula manager without optional rules for classifications as a default value or the manual input from the user which is not validated per the definition as it is allowed to override.