Solved

Customer address : To display the latitude and longitude on backend and mobileedge

• 26 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

For a customer case, we would like to display the latitude and longitude on the screen address next to other fields address in the customer center.. 

We saw that latitude and longitude are stored in the database and available for update with the Import or also Export with : customer_maint-address_xref-validation but they’re not displayed on the screen.

Is it possible to display the fields latitude and longitude in the backend and in mobile edge on the work list card or in the detail site card ?

thanks and regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 7 September 2023, 10:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Please clarify where you want to see the geocodes in the backend?  You indicated customer center above but then go on later to want to see them as well in the mobile work list card which is service order related.  Do you not want to see them in the backend in the address the service will be performed?

Still looking into this as I was thinking Customizer should allow you to do the backend as a computed lookup but ran into some issues doing this which I am checking with R&D.  I want to get this sorted before looking at Mobile.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Anthony,

can you please open an Idea in the community portal so i can promote it for IFS cloud development. 

thanks

Danny

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

To help you to help Danny, the link to place ideas for IFS Cloud is the following link:

Share Your Ideas | IFS Community

There is a good explanation of the process from Ben Vollmer, Senior VP R&D Product Management:

Share Your Ideas: Ideation FAQs | IFS Community

Note this is for adding functionality to IFS Cloud only, not RFE to the Alliance product.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

First, The goal is to display not only address fields : city, zipcode, country, etc.. but also the Latitude and Longitude in the backend.
But, I assume that next, our customer would want to have this data with the customizer mobile in mobile edge. Until now this requirement is not needed. only the backend.

Thanks for the link, I will share some ideas about requirements I often have around Geocoding.

Thanks and Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Yes but in which back end  modules?

Customer Center

Service Order

Don’t forget they can see the lat/long already when they use the insert geocodes option but you wanted this one level higher is my understanding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have added the latitude and longitude to the backend in the customer center but only after having an issue fixed found while testing this.  This fix will be released with the upcoming SU6.

Specifically, I created computed lookups with definitions like the following:

After doing this for both latitude and longitude, the screen looks like this:

I imagine it would be the same customizer change in the service order address pages as well but I did not go this far.

Hope this helps but again the fix needed to do this will not be released until SU6.