Solved

Checklist answers not using languages on Mobile

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We are using V15.4.2.0 and using English for the UI for all areas but have custom languages set as well as the core languages so we can show descriptions in local languages (only affects the descriptions seen etc.).

In V14.5, we did not have the option to translate Answer Lists (for the Checklists) into other languages (checklists we could translate but not the answers), answers were only in one language (US English). 

In V15.4 however, we now have the option to add translations to answer lists too, which we have done (we use 13 languages)  and now we can see the answers in local language in back-office BUT we are not able to see the translated answers in Mobile correctly.

Either we still see English or in some cases, SA’s are seeing Polish answers (in Spain and USA), which is very odd.

I think we must need to set something up in order for Mobile to select the right language to use for the answer lists on Mobile.  Can anyone help with this?  Has anyone done this for checklists in various languages?

Thanks and Best Regards

Chris

icon

Best answer by Reid Gilbert 13 April 2023, 21:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Chris,
Log a support ticket for this issue, it looks like a bug to me at this point...I ran a quick test using the French language layer and translated some Answer List values to French on the Alliance side:

​​​​​Then I logged into mobile using an employee configured for the French language layer and the values still displayed in the English language layer:

Thanks,
Reid

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Reid,

Thank you for the testing and quick answer.  We will log the request.

Best Regards

Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Reid,

FYI: Support Ticket US0070957@@1 for Instron V15 has been created - Alliance Mobile