Question

AsteaMobile Edge - create/enter new serial checkbox

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi in the return product of a demand material in mobile egde we have by default the checkbox “create/enter new serial” which is checked , is there a possibility to have it unchecked by default ?

thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I do not find any settings controlling the default for this option in the MOE or any of the backend modules mobile might pull such from including workflow (mobile), workflow (service) and prompts (service).

Whether this can be modified with Mobile Customizer or not, I don't think so either as there are only options to make fields required or disabled.  (Disabling it would likely be a problem as then you have no way to turn off the option).

Suggestion is to log this as an RFE ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Phil, this might be an option we also would use in the future to diable this checkbox so engineers cannot create serial numbers.

The ideal would be a setting in the MOE, like you have to disable “create a new item” (-10115)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Christophe,
Are you able to recreate this in the QAC environment?  If so, can you send me your user/pwd/SV# combination?  I think this checkbox should actually be UNCHECKED by default so it may be a bug in the code that we need to investigate further but I am currently unable to recreate it (my product is both returnable and repairable and the Loan and Add as Component checkboxes are both unchecked.  Once I flip the disposition to Fulfilled the Create/Enter New Serial checkbox is displayed as unchecked):

Thanks,
Reid