Solved

Astea - SV node change

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Team,

We recently received a request to let Backoffice (Employee Portal) users edit the node value in a service order. They state that it is grayed out for them, and it must be allowing them to edit at any status before invoicing.

So, I am planning to gather information about the relationship between status and node ID being editable.

Can someone provide me with answers on the same?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 22 February 2024, 13:27

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Narendran,

For your collection purposes, when an order is sent out to Mobile there are fields which can be defined as not editable in the Workflow (mobile) module.  Please see the following section for Dispatched Orders - Disable the following header fields.

Further,  you can also restrict editing rights from a specific status in the Workflow (service) module.  Please see section General Setup - Restrict Editing Rights from Status.  If this is set to Resolved, you will not be able to edit.  Most times this should be set to Completed which is an invoicing status used on the way to Need Audit & Pending Invoice.

One other possibility is if a Customizer customization has a rule set up for the field Disabling it based on criteria.  You already know about Security Setup but this does not act upon status at all, only the role selected.

Hope these help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Team

The issue is that the client wants to change the node field value via the Astea Employee Portal itself, and it is grayed out at certain statuses.

So, we would like to know from which status to which status the node field will still be editable.

Astea version: 14

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Narendran,

It is not as simple as saying it is editable when the order status is X.

• If the order is dispatched to mobile, fields could be disabled per the workflow (mobile).  Node may not be one of them but could be set up as such.   This could involve status Queued for Device, Received by Device, Accepted by SA, SA Onsite, etc.
  • If the order is Resolved, depending on the setup in workflow (service), it may not be editable.  If Restrict Edit is set to completed, then it should be editable up to the invoicing process.
  • If there are customizer disable field rules, this could also impact if the field is editable regardless of the order status.

So unless there is mobile involved or customizations involved, I would think it should be allowed editing at any status less than Resolved.  After that it depends on the restrict editing which I would normally have set to Completed thus allowing Audit Queue access to edit after it is set to Pending Invoice.