Solved

Alliance V15.4 Customer Return

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

on a V15.4 we have a new functionality : customer return for material not used.

Coudl you explain the process and the setting required for this functionality ?

It seems that on the transaction Customer Return we could add a SV as a document type to begin the customer return. Maybe that for the process, we have to do some action first for the Customer return ?

In my screen, I only have Invoice and Non system document option.
How can we add the service order option inthis screen, in order to run a customer retunr for a SV with a material demand not used ?

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 17 May 2022, 15:10

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Anthony,

Yes Customer Returns for Service Orders can be done in SP4.  You can find more details in the user help pdf under User Help/Application Modules/Reverse Supply Chain/RS2.  The last chapter in the document covers the functions to use when service order returns are to be handled.  For service order you do not change the return type, you select an order in Orig  Doc ID field on the New Customer Return screen.  the lookup will show both sales orders and service orders.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI @jacquesC 

Thanks for your support.

I read this document, but I didn’t find the way to set or to have “service order” on the field “document type” . As I said above I only can select : Invoice or Non system document.

Could you show us an example  ?

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

The document type is Invoice, you do not need to change it.  You have to select the service order in the Orig. Doc ID field and the system will populate the other fields.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, @jacquesC 

I don’t understand how to begin the process.

1/ On a Service Order, you have a material Demand : Ship direct to the customer

2/ You make the shipping. So, the part is on the Customer site.

Then, the customer want to return the part. ​​​​​​
​What is your first action next ?

I can’t select a SV on the customer return without an invoice

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@jacquesC

I can’t select a SV on  Orig. Doc ID field. For example for this Service Order
The material demand is fulfilled.

If I go on Customer Return, put the customer and go to the lookup field for Orig. Doc ID Field
Does it mean that the SV have to be invoiced before to do the customer return ?

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

If you just want to cancel the shipped demand material, you can Unuse the demand material from Service Order

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

And mark the Disposition to Not Used, so you can return the product back in

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Joshua Liem 

Thanks for your support.

My request is just to know the process/setting for the new functionality introduced in V15.4

Until now :
I don’t know what are the conditions for this process and I was unable to put a SV on the transaction Customer Return. But it’s possible that is not the first action for this use case.
It would be useful if you can describe the process step by step from the begining.

Thanks and Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I have looked at BRD for this functionality and also asked R&D.  First, can you confirm that this option is enabled?

This should give you an option to indicate there is a return by customer:  (screens differ a bit between 14.5 and 15.4)

The system now allows to generate a Customer Return from the material demand screen, so the customer can ship to the service company “broken”, unused or DOA parts.

For Service Orders

When Customer Return is for a not invoiced service order the products lines must perform as follows:

The Product ID from the return section of service order “Returned” field

The Ship Qty field to default the returned qty from material demand screen

The Inv. Type from the return section of service order “Inventory Type” field

The Bin / Area from the return section of service order “Bin / Area” field

The Serial No. from the return section of service order “Return Serial No.” field

The Return Qty to be the same as Ship Qty.

The Unit Cost to be the same as the cost of the part.  The cost depends on the following conditions:

If part is “Not Used” then it is the cost for good inventory type.

If part is “DOA” then it is the cost for bad inventory type

If part is “Returnable” then it is the cost for bad inventory type.

The Comment Text to be the value of “Return Comments” from material demand on service order

The Purchase Unit Price to default to 0 (zero)

The Refund % to default to 0 (zero)

When Customer Return is for an invoiced service order the products lines must perform as follows:

The Product ID to be selected by user from lookup display of materials used on the service order excluding materials where the part has already been returned with info in Return Section.  Note: Parts already with a qty already fulfilled entered to existing Customer Returns will be excluded.

The Ship Qty to default the quantity fulfilled (less any previous customer returns) and can be changed by user

The Inv. Type to default the inventory type fulfilled section of service order “Inventory Type” field.

The To Bin / Area to default the bin/area fulfilled section of service order “Bin / Area” field

The Serial No. as selected from the lookup display of materials used on the service order

The Return Qty to be the same as Ship Qty.

The Unit Cost to be the same as the cost of the part that was fulfilled.

The Comment Text to be entered by user

The Purchase Unit Price to default to unit price from service order material demand

The Refund % to default to 100 and can be changed by user.

The way I read this, the return document is created from the service order material demand and not directly in the Customer Returns module which seems to be what you showing in your attempts.  It is not necessary to have invoiced the service order though returns can also occur for these as well.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Phil

Thanks for your detailed explanation.  It’s useful.  :) 

If I understood correctly, the user have to begin the process on the material demand and then follow on the customer return.
I thought all users involved by this process could manage it on only one transaction.   

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

That is how I understand it also, you have to use the material demand first to initiate the customer return.

Kind regards,

Phil