Solved

Alliance : Service Order : 1 document for Report order and Invoice

• 22 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

On a service order, we would like to have only one PDF report for the SVReport (+ checklist, signature+picure) and for the invoice (paymentsummary).
The customer purpose is to have on 1 document the amount of the invoice and all data related to this amount (labor, service, expense, etc..) . His invoice verification is easier.

What could be the best way to do that “global report” ?
Could we try to modify the payment summary report in order to add data from the SVreport ?
Could we try to modify the SVreport in order to add data from the payment summary  ?
other way ?

Did you already done a report like that for a customer ?

Thanks and Regards for your advices
anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 24 April 2022, 15:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

I am not sure this would even be possible. The invoice information has to go through the invoicing engine to calculate all the applicable taxes.

if you were to try modifying the service order report to include the payment information, this would never be considered an invoice by the application which you would potentially need for other processes such as customer credit notes, credit limits, GL distribution, etc. which would be pulling information from the invoice tables which you are not generating with a service order report.

it is not as simple as creating a report that has the presentation to look like an invoice, you really need to create an invoice too.

At least that is my opinion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI Anthony,

Reading your question again, I see that payment summary was referred to as invoice which are not the same thing.  Thus my reply above may not be reflecting your question exactly.

From the Administration and Configuration Guide for Mobile Edge 15.4.2 in the MOE Settings:

NOTE: The Payment Summary Report is automatically generated by the back-end application and attached to the Service Order every time the mobile technician clicks on the Request Pricing icon (looks like a Credit Tab).

If this MOE is checked a “Billing Summary” option will appear in the Select Report Type drop down field at the top of the Completion screen in Mobile Edge. If Unchecked then the “Billing Summary” will not appear. See also MOE -10185 (which controls the display of the Service Order Summary option). Default Value: Checked

Seems to me this would have to a customization to combine these two different report generation processes (not just a new Report definition) in Mobile to manage the combination which would either be a customization or an RFE.

I suppose if it were possible, I would modify the process for the Service Order report to inquire whether to include Payment Summary in the Service Order report.  Also disable the option for the stand-alone payment summary (MOE -10185).

My suggestion is to discuss this with one of the IFS Alliance Consultants and Mobile Edge development team to judge feasibility.  It would not be a matter of just modifying a single report.