Question

Alliance Process Flow “Batch Manager schedule queue” and “Reprint invoice”.

• 21 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

We try to find  more automation regarding to the invoicing process.

In the process flow, we saw the documents “Batch Manager schedule queue” and “Reprint invoice”.

What are the usage of these documents in process flow ? what kind of process could we imagine with them to give automation for the invoicing process ?

Could we use them and how for example in order to   :

• send invoices by mail with a specific email + report + recipient (for example emails defined on the customer center for the company)
  • use a scheduled batch for sending invoice with email, report, recicient

Thanks in advance for your advices using these documents.

Regards

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

We used these to triggers certain integrations. As defined below where we used process flow to create the reprint invoice and send to a middleware. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Eisha,

Thanks for your support : is it the same for the “Batch Manager schedule queue” document ?

If I understood correctly is not a possibility to do what I described below :

• send invoices by mail with a specific email + report + recipient (for example emails defined on the customer center for the company)
  • use a scheduled batch for sending invoice with email, report, recicient

Thanks and Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Eisha Hasnain,

Last question about process flow and invoicing : For this setting  on  Misc 2 page : “Evoke Process Flow invoice event upon completion” 

Could you give us an example of a use case for this setting ?
When could we use this setting ?

Thanks for your support.

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Eisha Hasnain,

Last question about process flow and invoicing : For this setting  on  Misc 2 page : “Evoke Process Flow invoice event upon completion” 

Could you give us an example of a use case for this setting ?
When could we use this setting ?

Thanks for your support.

Regards

anthony

Hi Anthony, 

I am checking these with our R&D and will update you shortly. 

Kind Regards,

Eisha 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Anthony, 

Using a PF for document “Batch Manager” cannot be used for anything else than monitoring existing batch processes. It does not allow triggering a schedule to send something.

If you want to trigger a PF on invoicing a SO you have to enable this setting on  Misc 2 page : “Evoke Process Flow invoice event upon completion”. On the PF you can use the Invoice event.

Kind Regards,

Eisha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I checked with the Process Flows primary development resource owners in regards to your question.  The below is their response:

PF for batch manager schedule queue are used when you want to monitor the batch manager schedule queue for execution or errors or to notify when a certain batch task was executed.

They also need to enable the following setting