Solved

Alliance : decimal numbers for a product of service

• 11 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

is it possible (and how to set up) to use decimal numbers for a product of service in a service order.

In a service order, we want to fulfill the Service saying we used : 1,5 . but we have a message it’s not possible to have split quantities.
Do we have a a way in order to allow this use case ?

Even if we have this message, if we save, the decimal quantity is saved for the line.
is it a bug for the message ?
(satisfait = fulfilled)

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 1 September 2022, 10:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Athobie

As I understand, this has to do with the product not set up to allow fractions.

You can see this in Product Centre (we have a custom UOM “Stk”, which means Each or single unit)

Fraction is not allowed for this:

You can set up fractions in the UOM table:

I strongly advice you NOT to allow fractions for your current UOM if it is used by other products where fractions are not wanted. Better create a new one.

Also test extensively - changing UOM may cause problems downstream (in ERP for instance)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

HI @bskallerud 

Thanks for your support.
I’m not sure that it’s possible for a product of service (see below), because, the this type of product is not in inventory. and the logistics tab is not available if i’m not mistaken.

Regards

Anthony​​​​​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi all,

I add to this question that even if i could fulfilled a quantity of 1,5 (for example) for a service product, when I try to save the service order,; the message appear again

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Aha - I see.

Can you change this to a physical product? We have done this for certain activities, where we want to have a fixed price and not show the customer a “base price” 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Adding a screenshot to this topic : when you create a product, I think that to allow fraction for a service product  would be possible if we have the UOM section available for a service product.
is it possible ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@bskallerud 

Not on a really physical product, because we don’t have inventory and warehouse for these products.
And the customer has already lots of service products.

The other way could be to say, it’s a consumable product (and not inventory), but in this case, when you are on a service order you should go sometimes on service tab, sometimes on material tab...it’s not very user friendly.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Service products are by application design not allowed to use partial quantities. The error message is correct and your screen shot showing it was ‘saved’ is only a representing what is in your local state that it is trying to save, not that it was saved yet.  You will get the error message again when you try to save the state back to the server.

So, short story - partial quantities are not supported for service products.  It would be a change request.

Alternatively, you can consider defining the products as normal products but flagged as non-inventory.  Then you will be able to use fractional values.