Solved

Alliance Contract grouping for billing consolidation

• 1 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi

For the functionality : Contract grouping :
1/Could you explain what are the pre requisite to use it for billing purpose ?

Is it only necessary to : Create a group, Add the group on selected contracts ?

Then on transactions Contract Billing Batch or Consolidated Billing Batch : add as criteria the selected group and schedule the batch with this criteria ?

2/ Could we add a group for contracts : on differents nodes ? differents customers ? 

Thanks and regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 4 April 2022, 16:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hello Anthony,

From my understanding, the contract grouping is used to identify the group of contracts that should be billed together in the billing batch:

To test this, I created a contract group, Phil-Test-Group, three different contracts to the same customer and applied the contract group to just two of the three contracts:

Submitted and approved the contract.  Each contract is one year with value of 1200 so 100 per month.

On contract billing batch, using just the following criteria, it only pulled up the two contracts matching the contract grouping.

Executed the billing and have the following invoice generated:

Each invoice was for a value of 100.00

From this testing, contract grouping is allowing you to select a specific set of contracts to run the billing creating their respective invoices.  This way you can easily select a set of contracts that you want to execute in the same billing run.

You should be able to select different nodes/customers as long as they have the same group.

Below is an example where I have two different customers but their contracts have the same contract group:

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi  @Phil Seifert 

Thanks you for your help.

Could you confirm that “Contrat grouping” allow to consolidate invoices ?

For example : I have 1 contrat for a customer, another contract for another customer.
If both contracts are grouped, then  when I launch a batch for these contracts, I have only 1 invoice consolidated and not 2 invoices ?
To have a consolidated invoice, a checkbox “consolidation” on contract billing page should be set on ?

On your previous example, if I’m not mistaken you generated 2 invoices (003 and 004). I assume that the invoices are not consolidated. they are generated on the same batch, but not consolidated.

Thanks for your support 

regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Contract grouping does not do the consolidation itself… that is a customer setup for consolidation in the billing.  It is just to allow you search for the contracts in a group in the billing batch.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Phil Seifert 

Thanks for your explanation.

I assume that it’s also necessary to check ON the consolidation on the contract in order to have only 1 invoice ?

I aslo ​​​​​​tried to make one invoice for differents customers who are on the same group, but it doesn't work. I assume that this behaviour is normal, because they have no relation to each other.

Thanks and Regards

anthony​

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Correct - it must make a different invoice for different customers.

For consolidation - yes you should also turn that on in the contract.

Again, contract grouping has nothing to do with consolidation itself.

If you want to consolidate multiple order types, etc. then the customer center financials configuration can do this.