Solved

Alliance Approval process for Credit Notes

• 3 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In Alliance V15.4 is it possible to define an approval process for a credit note (customer or supplier) ?
In the approval process transaction, a credit note is not available in the list. Do we have a way to add it ?

If not, is it possible to define a process (process flow or other way) that allow to define steps before the release of the credit note ?

For example : if a credit note (customer or vendor)  is > 5000 € then we need the approval of a user or Action group Manager , etc… before the Release of the Credit Note.

Thanks and Regards

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 4 March 2022, 09:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

No, Credit Note is not an option for the approval process.  However, if the credit note is generated by a customer return, the Customer Return is available.  This will not satisfy the general credit note process.

As for using a process flow, I don’t believe this would prevent the release but could be used to populate a field indicating this has not been reviewed.

I suppose another option would be to use Customizer to disable the release option while another field does not indicate it is approved as a criteria.  If you create a custom field for Reviewed and then disable the release option when Reviewed is not true and value is over 5000, this may work.  I have not really tried it but just a suggestion?