Question

address change removes all

• 28 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

This is the second instance where we have updated a shipping address, saved it (supposedly), and gone back into the record to find the screen below. We have no way to add, delete, or confirm. When we open a new order, however, the old address is the one that populates. We’ve been doing this same as always, what are we missing? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi,

Where did you actually change the address?  Reason I am asking is that if an address is changed say the service order, this is not actually updating the address of the site/customer - only the address associated to the service order.

First, go to your customer center record for the site and confirming the ship address has the new address or not.  If not, please update it and then when you create a new order, it should pick up the address.

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Phil Seifert ,

We are changing the address in the Warehouse module. The addresses are not tied to a site, is there somewhere else we should be changing a warehouse address?

Thanks, Leann

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sorry, I did not catch that you were doing this for the warehouse.  If I am correct, you are using Alliance 15.2, no?  I am taking a look but I believe you were trying in the correct place in the first place.

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Yes, we are using 15.2, thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

This sounds like some kind of bug because the system should have added records to the address_xref table, which would appear on the UI on the address tab.  Were the warehouses imported?  Please raise a ticket with support, and if applicable, include any import templates used to create these warehouse records.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I agree with Andrew… I just checked a standard 15.2 environment but used the Web based Employee Portal and changed an address there successfully.

This did add a new address_xref table row and when I looked into your database, there are no rows reported at all.  It may be a data corruption with the load import issue.

If this warehouse was created from the UI, from your screen shot, it looks like you may have done this from the Astea Browser client.  Can you also please try this from the Web Employee Portal?

Kind regards,

Phil

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew D'Antonio @Phil Seifert ,

These are not new warehouses, so I’m not sure if they were created through import or not, it’s been a while. But, the address change was done manually. We have also tried updating through import since we encountered this issue, but it did not work. 

I did try using the web portal as well, but we get the same results (screenshot below)… no option to add or delete. I’ll also say that we have recently changed other warehouse addresses with no problem. I’m not sure what the difference is.

I also tried removing all customizations from this UI (there were only cosmetic updates) just in case that was the issue, but there was no change.

My biggest concern is manually updating each order until resolved and odds for human error will be much higher.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Please create a ticket with our support team so that this can be resolved.