Solved

MRP and products with expiry date

• 20 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I'm trying to find out if IFS10 is taking in consideration the expiry date (shelflife) of products.

Are you currently using that? Is the functionality available in IFS10? Do I have to turn on specific variables to get this going?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 20 March 2020, 14:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Burt84 , the majority of our parts are Planning Method A.  I need to do more experimenting myself.  

Badge +3

No, I have just been asked the same question. They are using Planning method B and it doesnt order any more based on leadtime and expiry.

I did experiment adding the leadtime figure into the remaining days for planning but creates another issue..

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

This has been so long ago, I do not have my test still available.  I did not get it solved.  Can you help?

Badge +3

DISREGARD, I GOT MY ANSWER.  Further on this question, does MRP also review the LT for the part so the requisition is requested in time to replenish prior to expiration date?

@Donna V  Did you solve this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

DISREGARD, I GOT MY ANSWER.  Further on this question, does MRP also review the LT for the part so the requisition is requested in time to replenish prior to expiration date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks Björn for this quick reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi steve,

yes in Apps 10 you can setup a part to have MRP consider the expiration date when calculating the supply requirements