Question

Guide to setup automatic labor approval

• 5 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello everyone,

One of our customers wants to know, Is there any setting or basic data to be change or activate to have all IFS labor to be automatically approved upon entry for shop orders, work orders and projects ? Currently they have set all labor to be approved by the employee supervisor. 

Best Regards,

Peshala

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Peshala Gamage  by default the site does not require quthorization of labor time for shop orders. That means no one needs to approve the time in any way.

On the site you can select Authorization Required, then authorization is enabled and must be done before the postings for labor time transactions can be transferred to finance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not sure for the other types of labor, but for shop orders, you can simply setup the site to not require authorization of labor time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Björn Hultgren

Thanks for the response. Can you please guide me on how to setup it in the site for shop orders ? 

Thanks & Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

HI @Björn Hultgren 

Thanks for the detailed and quick response. I sent this question link to the customer as well. Hope this would help them and will wait for someone who would answer the setup for work orders and projects too.

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

For work orders there is a setting in Object Properties, if it’s changed to TRUE, when the Work Task status is changed to Reported the Time Reports in Work Task are automatically Approved.