Question

How can I modify INET_TRANS ORDERS xml?

• 15 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

How can I modify INET_TRANS ORDERS xml file? I need to a contact phone number at the order line address level. What is the best way to add addtional data to the xml file?

Thanks,

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Link , is the xml layout different for SEND_PURCHASE_ORDER?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Dear @arebbeadle 

unfortunately, I can’t confirm that since we don’t process “Send_Purchase_Order”.

But I can compare the files.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Link How can I find out what fields are available in the xml layout? Every field in the Orders xml file has data, how can I find out if a field is available in to put a Phone Number in?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @arebbeadle ,

In order to find the mapping and available fields in xml file for both ingoing and outgoing ORDERS message, you can always refer to the Online documentation. You can search in online documentation the page ‘About EDI Messages’ or just go to any window handling EDI (like Incoming Customer Order) and press F1 key to go directly to the help documentation. In there you will see the ‘About EDI Messages’ link on top of the page.

There you have the fields used for incoming messages and outgoing messages, as well as the XML tag used in xml file generated or received:

If you don’t want to do a customization to add a new field, just use one of the available ones that you and the application are not using in your current casuistic of data.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Dear @arebbeadle 

are we talking about importing or exporting ORDERS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For importing ORDERS we use this example file.

It is available on “IFS Interface Browser”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @arebbeadle 

unfortunately, you can’t change it.

Maybe you can use another field (in IFS) for the phone number or you make a modification.