Question

How can you Close Work Order not just conclude work in Retrospective Reporting?

• 24 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

How can you Close  Work Order not just conclude work in Retrospective Reporting?

thanks,

j

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

This has been answered by this post:

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This does not work in aurena for:

Retrospective Work Reporting

work order stays open.  You have to open work order separately and then conclude it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you have set up auto authorize in Object Properties then it should work.

This setting is for time transactions:

When I tested having this set to FALSE then when trying to conclude the work in Retrospective Work Reporting the work order only went to work done when I had entered a time report (since this time report needed to be authorized).

But if having the setting as TRUE then the work order will be set ti finish after concluding it even when having a time report on it (since that time report was auto authorized),

So you need to set this up in Object Properties to get the work order to Finish automatically.

You could also try out the Ad hoc Work Reporting assistant that is new in Aurena. This assistant will also let you create and report work after it has been performed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

It is set TRUE, but the work order does not conclude in retro. I have to open the work order then conclude work order to close it completely

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

What version of Aurena has thee Ad hoc Work Reporting assistant?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The Ad hoc Work Reporting is available from 21R2 release.

Which release are you testing the Retrospective Work Reporting on?

I can try it out in same release and see if there is a difference in that release.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Currently using IFS App 10 update 15

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Tested in Aurena App10 Upd15 and now I can see your problem.

There is a problem with Retrospective Work Reporting in Aurena App10.

There are different versions for this page - one for normal EAM flow and one for a service flow (doing work for a customer).

For the normal EAM flow you should not statue a customer, but in the Aurena client you can’t save a record without a customer so only the service version is actually working correct.

So I assume that you are using that version and if doing so then the work order will not be set to finish since there will be sales lines created that needs to be handled and invoiced before finishing the work order. That is the reason for not setting the work order to finish when concluding the work.

I tested in a later release where the EAM version works fully and then the work order will be set to finish (since all transactions are auto authorized and no sales lines exists).

Sorry for not catching it earlier that you used the version with a customer stated on the work.