Solved

Work task and work order 'Reported' status

• 30 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

In Prepare Work Order, we have set work order header "Status" to value "Reported" , but we can see that in the tab "Work Taks" the Status is "Work Done".  Please let me know whether we can  pass the "Work Order" to "reported" if any of the work tasks are not in the "reported" state. 

I think at least one work task should be in ‘reported’ status, to change the value to ‘Reported in header level. Any idea?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

icon

Best answer by Kushan Jayasinghe 31 December 2021, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

For instance, a WO is like a label of a packet (Project) full of work tasks (Do Lists). If the WTs are work done, we can report the time for the WO because the do list is almost completed. Either way, we can report time individually for WTs. Then we can keep WTs as reported. This is the way I keep this concept understandable. 

Cheers,

Kushan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Kushan,

That behavior is understandable. But my point is why the system allows to change the WO header status to ‘reported’ while neither of our WT are changed to ‘reported’.  Is there any specific reason?

Help says ,"Reported - This status means that all the transactions related to the work task connected to the work order have been reported. A completion date is to be set for the work order."

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

Please follow the below screen-shots. At least, Work Done status in WTs is enough to bring the Reported status in WOs.

Error pop-ups When tring to change the status “WorkDone”

Even though, I tried to WorkDone the WO it’s not allowed because other WTs are in lower status to do so.

Once I workDone for all the WTs, WO allows me to bring to the Reported Status.

Cheers,

Kushan