Solved

How to handle banned parts

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Do other operators have a way they prevent the purchase and receipt of banned parts? Specific inventory at the P/N and S/N level.

icon

Best answer by OlivierAF 28 November 2023, 22:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello

AF do not use the MTX inventories but having an inventory MPN and MSN manually created and locked or scrapped out will prevent to receipt the same inventory in MTX, the system has a protection on this.

Preventing a purchase, may be by a PART NUMBER BASE requirement? But I’m not familiar with this Requirement.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@AStelling I would handle this using Inventory Part Statuses.

You could define a status that doesn’t allow demand and supply → this means that the parts that have assigned that status can’t be used on PO or CO.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@AStelling I would handle this using Inventory Part Statuses.

You could define a status that doesn’t allow demand and supply → this means that the parts that have assigned that status can’t be used on PO or CO.

Yeah, it’s also important to understand that the “Demands Allowed” & “Supply Allowed” control parameters as FALSE prohibit the creation of new records, but pre-existing records, purchase orders for instance, can still be processed.

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

The above two answers may work well for IFS Apps, or IFS Cloud customers. Whereas IFS Maintenix customers may need to implement alternate solutions.

The solution proposed by Olivier may be the only solution to meet your needs. It will depend on the organization creating and scrapping large amounts of inventory, on the assumption there is a discrete list of all affected serial numbers.

If the problem affects a unique part number and manufacturer combination, then the part can be unapproved/rejected in the baseline configuration. With the part number unapproved this does not prevent any activity other than the installation of the component. A part advisory can be added to the part number, and optionally specify a range of serial numbers, that will warn users at every step of PO creation, inventory receipt, and inspection, but will not offer any hard stops.