Question

mismatch in inventory part in stock and count report

• 30 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeking help with a situation where I've generated a count report for a site, but it seems to be missing some parts despite them being in the inventory stock. Any insights or suggestions on why this might be happening and how to address it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Hashmit,

The easy answer would be that some inventory parts have not been included in the count report’s scope due to the Count Report creation parameters. So can you provide more details about the Count Report creation?

And which version of IFS?

Br,

Mikko

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

here you go, those are the parameters. basically I am including everything

this is IFS8

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Shipment Inventory used to be where my last place fell down.

Every stock count I would have to remind the Warehouse Manager that he could not ‘count’ Shipment Inventory via IFS.

If you have Bays - I would run off one report per Bay and see if reports come out for all locations. If any errors as no data that will help. Though that only works if all Bays have the same settings on all locations.

A lot will depend on how your warehouse is structured as to the best course of action.

Thanks,

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

here is the setup and the scenario. in the below image I ran a count report for the specific bay i.eTCM1 as you can the there are some parts which are selected for counting and some are not.(by frozen checkbox since it is not possible to send the entire report)

and here is the setup

let me know if these details are adequate

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi,

What about the planning method of the not freezed ones?  Online documentation from IFS Apps 9 says following, not sure about Version 8...

IFS Online Documentation

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Hashmit, one reason could be that those stock records are included on another count report (but not frozen for counting). I think IFS ensures 2 stock records cannot be counted at the same time.

/Roel

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Matthew , it appears that the unselected parts are not linked to any specific release. After checking customer orders and shipments, it has been confirmed that there is no association with them.

@LKACH  Regarding the method for the unselected parts, it seems that the majority of them are categorized under method A, while the rest fall under method B.

@ROVECH unfortunately the parts are not there in any other counts reports.

:- ( If you need any further clarification or assistance, please feel free to let me know.& thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi, the parts are not there in other count reports.  Unfortunately, the part does not fall under any of the planning methods mentioned above O, K, and T. & these part are also not associated with any release, shipment, or reservations.