Solved

Windows Mobile devices using WaDaCo with Cloud

• 15 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi, We are looking to try and reuse our existing Zebra/ Motorola windows mobile hand held scanners when we implement WaDaCo.

We are implementing IFS Cloud and I have heard there are a few issues but I’m not sure what they are.

IFS seem to be pushing Android as the solution, but apart from reports that SSO is not compatible, has anyone else implemented, or is implementing Cloud with WaDaCo using windows mobile devices and found other issues?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 15 November 2022, 15:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tea Man Dan 

There is no windows mobile Scan It app for Cloud. The last IFS Applications version that had a windows mobile app was Apps10, it was removed for IFS Cloud since the platform is old and there is no Microsoft support for windows mobile anymore and not from our Mobile FW team either. So we have no support or any App for Windows Mobile in IFS Cloud.

So for Cloud there is only “Aurena” version of the app for Android, iOS and Windows (not windows mobile).

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Tea Man Dan 

There is no windows mobile Scan It app for Cloud. The last IFS Applications version that had a windows mobile app was Apps10, it was removed for IFS Cloud since the platform is old and there is no Microsoft support for windows mobile anymore and not from our Mobile FW team either. So we have no support or any App for Windows Mobile in IFS Cloud.

So for Cloud there is only “Aurena” version of the app for Android, iOS and Windows (not windows mobile).

Thanks for the clarification regarding the Scan It app. I am guessing it will be the same for the mWorkOrder App? Right now we have the following devices. 

Can you please confirm that the above devices have to be replaced before our IFS9 to 23R1 upgrade? 

Other App we use is the TimeTracker and the rest of the platforms we use are Andriod-Phone, Android and iOS-Tablet. Can you also kindly confirm that those will work fine in the Cloud? 

Thanks,
Asela 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Asela Munasinghe , sorry I have no idea since I don’t work with those apps, seems like a question for someone that handles mobile workorder or maybe @Rukmal Fernando in the mobile framework knows more about those apps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Asela Munasinghe it’s a bit hard to decode your exact devices from the IEE screenshot you shared, but here’s our Supported Platforms for 23R1, which I believe answers your question:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/080_supported_platforms/

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sure @Rukmal Fernando thanks. Via the support case CS0207767 @Mohamed Shajith confirmed the info I was looking for. Here’s what he summerized. 

With that info, I think I have the answer regarding the 4 mobile apps I was looking for. The 5th App, TimeTracker that we use, seems to be a non IFS App. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Asela Munasinghe glad to hear!

You mentioned Time Tracker and that is in fact an app we have on IFS Applications 7.5, 8, 9 and 10. However, given the rich capabilities on web with IFS Cloud, the low reliance on device-specific capabilities like Camera, and offline usage being identified as an edge case, we decided not to build a Time Tracker app for IFS Cloud.

Are you planning to use both MWO and Scan It?

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Rukmal

1. Oh ok, thanks for correcting my misunderstanding on the case about the Time Tracker. I’ll make sure to reach out to the key users in HR that Time Tracker is not available on Cloud. So you mean to say that there’s no replacement app in IFS cloud, rather we’d have to rely on IFS itself for the same features right?

2. Yes, we plan to use both Scan-It and MWO. I learn that in the cloud Scan It and WaDaCo are built together right? Do you have any advise for us to proactively plan for using / testing the ‘new’ scan it app? 

1. Also one more question - now that we have the confirmation from IFS that windows devices are compatible with the Scan it app, can you give an insight into how we should plan testing the same? For now, we have the Cloud Cfg enviornment and working with our IFS partner for the IFS Cloud Migration plan

Thanks,
    ​​​​​​​Asela 
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Asela Munasinghe See my thoughts below.

1. Correct, all the functionality you’re used to from Time Tracker (except for the working offline, which is really an edge case) are available in IFS Cloud and it is designed with mobile browsers in mind
  2. Yes, in IFS Cloud, Scan It is the single mobile app for warehouse operations. @Dario Zani can you elaborate on this question please?
  3. @Dario Zani I think you’re much more an expert on this, can you assist please?

Best regards,

Rukmal

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Asela Munasinghe 

I just first want to point out that this original post is about windows mobile apps and not windows apps, these are 2 different operating system, so I don’t know if any old ‘windows mobile’ OS devices can handle the new apps made for ‘windows’ OS without upgrading the device OS or getting new ones. I hope you are clear about that, since you hijacked this thread that was about ‘windows mobile’.

About 2) and 3), sorry I have never gotten the question how you should plan and test your devices for Cloud so not sure what to answer and I don’t know anything about how Cloud cfg environments works either, I suggest to check that with the teams that handle that.

You can download the windows app on your pc from Microsoft store and test it against a corresponding cloud environment that you can access. If you have problem accessing the environments you should contact the responsible people that is handling that, we in the wadaco team are not involved at all with things like that.