Solved

Warehouse Task Type creation

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Is there any way to create a New Warehouse Task Type other than Customer Order Pick List, Transport Task and Shop Order Pick List?

I wanted to add Customer Order Pallet Pick List, Pallet Transport Task in the Warehouse Task Type Setup screen. How to do it?

I wanted to add this in IFS Cloud version.

Regards,

Manju

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 22 February 2023, 10:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I know it have been done before, I remember IFS consultants made a customization to a customer where they added Count per Count Report as a new warehouse task. 

I don’t know how much work it was, but I would guess it is possible.

Badge +2

Thanks Dario.

I was looking for including the Task Type of Customer Order Pallet Pick List or Pallet Transport Task which are the standard task types mentioned in the system as a default.

For some reason, I can’t see the Customer Order Pallet Pick List or Pallet Transport Task under the Warehouse Task Type Setup screen

Am I missing any setup here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You have to create the new ones as task type, I would guess that is an enumeration that for which tasks are possible as warehouse task.

This is bread and butter application development you can’t do it as user and somehow add new stuff in that client, you have to look at the model and code if you want to add new tasks. You also probably need to do some other coding in the warehouse task logic to support your new task types etc. But I’m not a warehouse task expert so I can’t say how much additional coding you need to do.