Question

Wadaco User to send report to mulitple printer

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

We are on IFS 10 SP7. While using Wadaco/Hand held device i have configured user to a logicial printer which is mapped to print agent at a remote site. He is able to send lable to print on that printer. 

Now the same user moves to another site/unit/terminal and has to send the print of the to another printer. In handheld device he does not get print dialog so he can’t chose printer.

Can any one suggest on the same. Early response will be appriciated.

Regards

Pankaj

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

There is no option(data item or dialog) to change the printer in wadaco REGISTER_ARRIVALS process at the moment. When you trigger printing from wadaco, it will always consider the default printer that has been set up in the printer basic data(e.g. User Printers page, Report Printers page, etc). If the user wants to select a different printer than the default printer, we need to provide a list of available printers to the user and get the input while running the register arrival process. In order to handle this requirement, we need to at least add a new data item in the REGISTER_ARRIVALS process which is time-consuming and goes beyond support scope. Therefore, this is a request for new feature development in IFS Cloud. We will keep this in our IFS cloud roadmap as an enhancement request.

As a workaround, you can change the printer option from the report archive and re-run the print job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I would look at report rules functionality. There you have the option “Print To Logical Printer” which can change the printer. 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

This is done automatically so you need to have some reference to the place you want to print out. For example if the report contains Site maybe you can use that for determining which printer to use? If you can’t logically find a way to find that out this is not the way.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have the same problem with a customer, the user has the choice of mobile printer (Zebra WIFI) and therefore I do not know how to respond to this problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hello @maablk I do have the issue described by Franck at another customer where they scan the QR-code of the wi-fi printer when starting their shift (on their existing mobile solution on the top of Infor Movex). Where is the item located into the roadmap ? Do we already have a JIRA id to track it or do I need to create an idea first ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@paguin Could you tell us for which customer you were reporting the issue ? Did you implement a solution since you’re raised it ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello @maablk I do have the issue described by Franck at another customer where they scan the QR-code of the wi-fi printer when starting their shift (on their existing mobile solution on the top of Infor Movex). Where is the item located into the roadmap ? Do we already have a JIRA id to track it or do I need to create an idea first ? 

We do have an item in the roadmap to implement this feature to select printer from wadaco client. But havent decided yet which cloud track it’ll be included. There is no jira ID available since it’s still in the roadmap. you dont need to create a new idea as we have already included in the roadmap. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@maablk As an input to help defining priorities in roadmap, we have three customers in France asking for this :

• Guillin : a customization has been prototyped to select the printer once a label should be printed
  • Fontaine Pajot : they currently migrate to IFS Cloud, extending the scope to Wadaco. But they use bluetooth mobile printers :(
  • SAMES : currently starting their project, and won’t accept such regression compared to their old Infor Movex mobile solution
Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@maablk As an input to help defining priorities in roadmap, we have three customers in France asking for this :

• Guillin : a customization has been prototyped to select the printer once a label should be printed
  • Fontaine Pajot : they currently migrate to IFS Cloud, extending the scope to Wadaco. But they use bluetooth mobile printers :(
  • SAMES : currently starting their project, and won’t accept such regression compared to their old Infor Movex mobile solution

Thanks for the information. I will share this with our product manager to see how we can prioritize the request in a near cloud release. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Had a look at the customization projects in Thor, where hereunder modification is really close from a business perspective (use of printer on trucks/forklift) :

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please note that supporting the mobile/wifi-printer might a totally different thing then what we are planning to support in the future. We don’t have access to any wifi-printers here, but maybe you or your customer to try out such a printer in the general IEE/Aurena web client and print any report and see if you can choose that printer from the print dialog or not? 

If you cannot see the wifi-printer or use it there I would guess it will not be accessible from wadaco either since we are using the basic ifs printing framework and we trigger the printing from the server side.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Dario Zani Not sure I follow you as it seems a basic prerequisite to print a document once it is defined as a printer in IFS. I can ask the customer of course, but the risk is high to show a certain degree of undercontrol at IFS. Instead, wouldn’t it be good that R&D team and us liaise with the customer to have a demo of the existing mobile app. It would be the occasion to ask as many questions as you might have, both technical and functional. Any thoughts ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Dario Zani Otherwise stated, it would make sense we loop in someone from R&D team involved in printers setup. Do you know one of them ? At the meantime, could you explain what you’ve already planned to support, so as we have clear ideas ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Dario Zani Otherwise stated, it would make sense we loop in someone from R&D team involved in printers setup. Do you know one of them ? At the meantime, could you explain what you’ve already planned to support, so as we have clear ideas ?

Sorry I don’t have any names.

I think the idea for future is to maybe add a new printer data item to processes that have print functionality that would have a LOV similar to the printer dropdown list you can select from the regular print dialog. If that is possible. So that is why I’m asking if those mobile printers can be seen here or not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@maablk Any idea who we could speak to as far as mobile printers set-up is concerned ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@maablk Any idea who we could speak to as far as mobile printers set-up is concerned ?

You can may be check with Chanaka Amarasekara in FW team. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@ChanakaAmarasekara Could you help us on the prerequisites to use mobile bluetooth/wi-fi printers to print labels from Wadaco ?