Solved

WADACO Show Custom Error Message

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to show an error message in WADACO using “raise_application_error(-20101,’my error message’);” The error works normally outside of WADACO but inside WADACA the error doesn’t display properly 

Is there a different method to show a message in WADACO?

icon

Best answer by Jur 14 February 2023, 15:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It should work with ERROR_SYS.APPL_GENERAL(LogicalUnit, Error_Text).

Badge +1

It should work with ERROR_SYS.APPL_GENERAL(LogicalUnit, Error_Text).

Thank you, I tried that with “Error_SYS.Appl_General('ReceiptInventoryLocation','No Expiry Date Entered');”

The same error still occurs 

EDIT: Got it working with “ERROR_SYS.APPL_GENERAL('ReceiptInventoryLocation','EED1: No Expiry Date Entered');” after I reviewed this link - https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/060_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/030_reference/300_pl_sql_editor/600_annotations/120_error_sys_tags/

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

When are you trying to raise this error? is it in the process Validation method or from the Execute method (or any method called from it)?

If you have placed in some where else we might not have error handling to catch the error in the normal way.

Also there is issues if the execute method calls something that have a built in Commit, then we cannot rollback the transaction correctly when an error happens and the real error message might be lost and not show to the user, it might be seen if you check log/trace window. Since the wadaco FW have its own commit after the process is executed it cannot handle extra commits in the code it is calling, in that case autonomous transaction handling is needed instead if it will be run from a wadaco process.

But in this case is this some custom event that is triggering this error? I’m not sure that we can catch those error in good way, it might depend on when and where that event is triggered.