Solved

Wadaco - Registering Arrivals error after IFS update 15

• 22 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, we just updated to IFS update 15. When we now perform our Register Arrival process in wa da co

Choose Source Ref

Choose Receipt Reference

Choose Part No

Choose Handling Unit Type ID

QTY to Receive (e.g. 1)  – works on first loop, when you move to #2 if you enter the same qty (e.g. 1) it errors and jumps to the GS1 Barcode 3 screen. If you put a different quantity it moves to #3.

Prior to the update this worked as expected. Now we are getting a GS1 Barcode 3 error but this screen should be hidden from view.

I’ve checked the config against the previous version and it hasn’t changed. 
Screen shots attached 

icon

Best answer by Vimukthi Mahakumbura 12 August 2022, 13:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, we believe this to be an issue with Update 15. This still works in our Update 14 environment. I’ve logged it as a bug with IFS support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @FionaBrown 

A question to you, did perhaps Paul Harland in IFS consulting help you with this configuration earlier this year? Since I know he was asking about the duplicate dataset functionality (which is the error you get if I have understood it correctly) and he described the exact same scenario you have here and in the bug we got yesterday. I gave him some tip on how to turn off this functionality in wadaco FW, could it that maybe he or someone close to him turn that functionality off in your environments back then and now when you got update15 that change was reverted back to how IFS core works, that would explain your issue here. Is this your site/configuration?

Unfortunately this check is an old check that dates back to apps9 version where we wanted to give a user that works with loops an early error if they enter the same dataset several times that would later during execution cause an error and you had to redo everything from the error and forward which could be very annoying. We never encounter any scenarios where it was actually ok to enter the same dataset back then. But now there is some requests how us changing that or making it possible to turn it off, but that is more new functionality that we will consider in the future and not a bug.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks Dario, were can we access the Wadaco FW (framework??) ?

We are hosted by IFS so I’m guessing won’t have access to this to check. 

I think our Wadaco was setup with help from an IFS partner.  

Thanks, 
Fiona  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It can be turned off by changing the code in one place in the wadaco framework. I know I mentioned that to this IFS consultant earlier this year, so I thought that maybe they had done this for you, but maybe he was talking about another customer with a similar case.

This could be done as customization to the core application, if you already have customizations it would just be 1 extra needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, We have found this issue in IFS latest APP10 environments. this was reported to RnD already from one of our support cases :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Yeah I know @Vimukthi Mahakumbura , but it is not a bug its a feature that have been there since Apps9 version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks Dario. I have understood the situation. 

@FionaBrown , are you satisfied with Dario’s answer here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This was identified as a bug by RnD and patched the issue in solution 302677

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Just to be clear we didn’t remove or turned off the duplicate check here, we only fixed an issue where Arrival Date had lost it’s timestamp which caused the duplicate check to give the error, so now Arrival Date have timestamp again.