Solved

WaDaCo - Receive_shop_order / Manufactured_Date

• 2 September 2021
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear,

In APPS10, when using the data Collection Configuration, is it possible to set the Manufactured_Date with a default value : SYSDATE-7?

I did a few tests but I’m always running into an issue with the format of the default value. Running the WaDaCo returns an error “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime”. Multiple trials and errors did not result in a succes.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 2 September 2021, 10:19

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Timmermans Roel ,

WaDaCo does not currently support for dynamic parameters and functions, so would not support to fetch &sys_date etc.. for fixed and default values. Please see the below thread.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Timmermans Roel,

As @ThushAsanka mentioned we are not supporting it at the moment, but we are considering to add some functionality like that in a future release.

So we are grateful to receive requests on what kind of usage and variants we should support for future fixed/default values in the configuration, so let us know what would be the most common usages we should support.

Best Regards,

Dario

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Timmermans Roel ,

WaDaCo does not currently support for dynamic parameters and functions, so would not support to fetch &sys_date etc.. for fixed and default values. Please see the below thread.

Thanks,

Thanks for your response, @ThushAsanka 

So I assume it is also impossible to assign a separate Lot/Batch No automatically to an individual receipt?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Timmermans Roel , for individual receipt, it’s not possible. But, I assume it’s possible to use automatic lot batch for individual order, as long as the lot tracking is order based.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ThushAsanka,

We are currently using ‘Fixed’ automatic value for Lot/Batch no. This will automatically fetch a predefined lot/batch from the corresponding shop order. But if only 1 lot/batch is defined, the Manufactured_Late is only set at the first receipt.

Our customer has a production process that spans multiple weeks/months. The salesprice of the goods sold is calculated based on the buy price of the raw material. This calculation is done on weekly basis. So in order to determine the sales price of a certain lot/batch, they need to know the exact date of manufacturing. That’s why we are investigating the possibility to automatically set a new lot/batch no at the moment of Shop_order_receive. That way we can use the Manufactured_date as basis for the price calculation.

Are there any alternatives?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Timmermans Roel 

I think, a customization to WaDaCo will be required, and to be requested from IFS if IFS is doing customizations to WaDaCo.

Other solutions are I think very limited, since we don’t have an option to update lot batch number once it is received into inventory.

One alternative will be defining a new custom field for Manufactured Date (if the Manufactured Date in Lot Batch Master is not used for any other validations) within the Inventory Parts in Stock window, and use the W/D/R No also for parts. So, when shop order parts are received through WaDaCo (or any other way), an inventory transaction will be created with OOREC. So, whenever an OOREC transaction is created in inventory transactions, the related record in the inventory parts in stock record’s W/D/R number can be updated with the SYS_DATE through a custom event with a suitable action. (You can add desired conditions for these as well like Part Nos etc..). And at the same time, Manufactured Date (custom field in the Inventory Parts in Stock window) to be updated to the SYS_DATE.

So, the business process will need to have changed to use this custom field for the Manufactured Date, and not the standard manufactured date in Lot Batch Master.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Timmermans Roel,

As @ThushAsanka mentioned we are not supporting it at the moment, but we are considering to add some functionality like that in a future release.

So we are grateful to receive requests on what kind of usage and variants we should support for future fixed/default values in the configuration, so let us know what would be the most common usages we should support.

Best Regards,

Dario

@Dario Zani what’s process for sending new requests for configurations in WaDaCo  for the development team at IFS? 

The request I have is, time to time we issue parts to projects. Some need to be returned to original location / Warehouse Manager whereas some don’t. At a certain time, we need to have a view of the parts within a project. Those parts are actually the tools that we maintain in the warehouse. 

WaDaCo currently doesn’t support ‘Issue to Project’ and return right? Do you know if this is something identified in the development roadmap? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Dario Zani what’s process for sending new requests for configurations in WaDaCo  for the development team at IFS? 

The request I have is, time to time we issue parts to projects. Some need to be returned to original location / Warehouse Manager whereas some don’t. At a certain time, we need to have a view of the parts within a project. Those parts are actually the tools that we maintain in the warehouse. 

WaDaCo currently doesn’t support ‘Issue to Project’ and return right? Do you know if this is something identified in the development roadmap? 

@EnzoFerrari from what I have heard requests for new functionality/processes could be added the Ideas section here.

I don’t know if Issue to Project and return is on any roadmap, I usually work with Supply Chain processes mostly and I cannot say I have heard about that one before, but if that would be counted as something outside Supply Chain it might be on some other teams roadmap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for the reply @Dario Zani , can you please share the link to the Idea section? I cannot find it in the Community, probably I have limited access

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@EnzoFerrari  I think its only visible when you are logged in, then you can find it in the top of the page (to the right side of Groups). It seems to be available for Employees and Partners from what I can see who is posting there, I'm not sure about customers, in worse case you might have to go via your closest IFS consultant or partner.

https://community.ifs.com/ideas

Let me know if still have no access, I will ask around a bit more here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Dario Zani , thanks, just like you mentioned I have no access to the page https://community.ifs.com/ideas unfortunately :(

We don’t work closely with an IFS Partner as well to request a shared access. 

I highly appreciate if you can please ask around if Customers can have access. I do have valid requests like the above, time to time, to post there. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@EnzoFerrari , the latest information I have is that you were right, customers don’t have access to the Ideas section yet. But it was said that in a near future you would get access to that Ideas also, not sure when thou.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thank You  @Dario Zani  :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In the interest of time, is there a chance that you can add it to the roadmap as a customer request that came through the community?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Dario Zani , just got access to https://community.ifs.com/ideas , I can post my last idea there if you haven’t already :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Asela Munasinghe   Sure go ahead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Done, if anyone wishes to Upvote, I’d be very happy.