Question

WADACO: RECEIVE_SHOP_ORDER batch no

• 11 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

We have set IFS10 to generate a new batch nr for every Shop order receipt. In the desktop version, everything works ok: we receive and automatically a new batch nr is chosen for that specific receival of a handling unit.

However, we cannot get this right in WaDaCo: the scanner keeps asking for a batch nr, while it should automatically create one when we do the Receive Shop Order proces. Any ideas how to get this right?

Best regards!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is not my functional area (shop order), but a quick look at the code it looks like there is some handling to fetch automatic value for LOT_BATCH_NO but then you have to make sure that in your configuration it have been setup to have Use Automatic Value = Fixed and from what I can see in the template (=1) configuration its installed as ‘Off’ and not ‘Fixed’.

If that don’t work, I don’t know if it might be a bug or not, but I can see that skipping LOT_BATCH_NO will not work how the code looks now, its mandatory and need a value.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

thanks! We don’t get it right using the standard functionalities, so we try to write something to make it make a lot nr itself.

Related: In the receive shop order, there is a auto report function. However, after a split, auto report is not possible so we would like to choose the correct operation to report on while receiving.

Is there a way to do that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi All,

we are still struggling on this. Does anyone have a working process?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I am trying to setup the WADACO and on version 9 and I find the same thing.

On the flip side, the WADACO mobile app allows lot numbers to be entered without being reserved in the shop order.

Also, on the PO receipt side, a order based WADACO receipt does not require a lot number to be entered.

It is like this was flipped when WADACO was designed. In our case it is more of a positive than a negative, as we have been able to use work bench or the mobile app depending on the needs of the situation.

To my knowledge there is no way of addressing this. I’ve asked various IFS staff for an explanation. I’ve never received one. I can just assume it is this way by accident and is just the way it is.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @rsczerowski,

Have a look at this topic as well: WaDaCo - Difference "Fixed" and "Default" | IFS Community Using fixed value ‘*’ as Lot Batch No is a trigger for IFS to create a new lot/Batch no automatically using the format SO#-Rel#-Seq#-suffix. The suffix is incremented by the WaDaCo program.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

K, I just tried a transaction. With these settings I was able to get the WADACO to behave the same as Workbench. I’d like to make this automatically return (skip the lot) but haven’t had a chance yet to see if that is possible.