Question

WADACO ProcessCard_ProcessCard_Details: error message

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We have had Zebra scanners (SCANIT) working now for some months but this error appeared suddenly on some of our scanners. You can normally login to the app but as soon you want to enter the menus we get this error message and cannot use the scanner. It still work on some scanners.

We tried to reset, reinstall the app change user ids but that did not  help. We refreshed server and scanit app caches, restarted the native-odata pod. Any idea's?

ProcessCard_ProcessCard_Details:Failed to read expression value from record.HasSubMenu.

IFS Cloud 22.1.3 

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

This was reported earlier this week to us. I guess the devices that still work are using an older app version than the ones that don’t work, since the ones that don’t work probably updated the app recently.

Not sure if you can find an older version of the app for the devices that don’t work to temporary fix the issue.

As I understand it was fixed in Update4 and there is also some Out of Band Release going on for this issue at the moment. I hope my colleague Dinuka can give an update tomorrow.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

We have released a fix with 22.1.11 (22R1 Service Update 11). Best option would be to update to the latest service update on your track (22R1).
Second option, if you need a Out of Band release (hotfix) on top of your current version (22.1.3), that can also be arranged. You will have to send a ticket to RnD through Support.
Third option would be to downgrade the ScanIt Cloud app to the previous version. We can try to provide the .apk file of the previous version through a downloadable link as well.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

We would like to try to install the previous version if you provide the .apk file to us. Thanks!

BR Kenneth

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

We have released a fix with 22.1.11 (22R1 Service Update 11). Best option would be to update to the latest service update on your track (22R1).
Second option, if you need a Out of Band release (hotfix) on top of your current version (22.1.3), that can also be arranged. You will have to send a ticket to RnD through Support.
Third option would be to downgrade the ScanIt Cloud app to the previous version. We can try to provide the .apk file of the previous version through a downloadable link as well.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.

Best Regards.

@dinuka9 Are you able to provide the previous .apk file to me as well?  I have a customer who experienced this issue today.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We connected our Zebra handheld to out TEST server with version IFS Cloud 22.2.2 and we have the same problem as in Production environment that is 22.1.3.

The scanners have Android 8 installed

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

We connected our Zebra handheld to out TEST server with version IFS Cloud 22.2.2 and we have the same problem as in Production environment that is 22.1.3.

The scanners have Android 8 installed

Yes, that same issue exist for all the old cloud tracks if you have taken the latest app version and not upgraded to the latest service update. The issue is fixed in service update4 for 22.2 and update 11 for 22.1.

I guess Dinuka have not come back yet with more information, but I think there was issues with giving out an old version of the app as I understood it, so the recommended way is either to upgrade to the latest service update or request an Out of Band release (hotfix) on top of your current version to fix this issue. You will have to send a ticket to RnD through Support for the Out of Band release, it should be a very small fix that should be easily installed in your environments.

That’s all I know for the moment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Kenneth Gaddnas Just to echo/add to what Dario mentioned above, the customer I was working with elected to update the application to service update 5 (i.e. 22R2 UPD 5) which resolved the issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

https://community.ifs.com/announcements-notifications-280/minimum-supported-ifs-application-core-versions-for-scanit-cloud-v23-2-798-0-32611

Badge +3

Hi and thanks for your explanations!

We are in 22R2 SU2 and encounter the same error with IFS Scan it V23.2.798.

Do you know if and how we can retrieve the .apk file of previous version for IFS Scan it?

Thanks ! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi and thanks for your explanations!

We are in 22R2 SU2 and encounter the same error with IFS Scan it V23.2.798.

Do you know if and how we can retrieve the .apk file of previous version for IFS Scan it?

Thanks ! 

Yes, that same issue exist for all the old cloud tracks if you have taken the latest app version and not upgraded to the latest service update. The issue is fixed in service update4 for 22.2 and update 11 for 22.1.

I guess Dinuka have not come back yet with more information, but I think there was issues with giving out an old version of the app as I understood it, so the recommended way is either to upgrade to the latest service update or request an Out of Band release (hotfix) on top of your current version to fix this issue. You will have to send a ticket to RnD through Support for the Out of Band release, it should be a very small fix that should be easily installed in your environments.