Question

WaDaCo Login Authentication

• 30 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m not sure where to post product enhancement requests, but this is one.

Currently, to use a mobile device we use a combination of apps. Account Manager and Scan It. You create your user in account manager, which logs in using our microsoft sso. Then in Scan it, you pick which user you want to be entering data as.

The issue that we have, is that once the user is setup in account manager anyone can choose that user inside scan it without entering the password again.

No one is comfortable with doing this, so we setup a generic login for each scanner and the users never change it. 

We really need to drive accountability, and the only way we can do that is by having the users login as their own user id. In order to do this realistically, we need the user to be prompted to enter a password when they change users. It may also need a logout function. So that when you are done using the scanner you can ensure that no one else is entering data with your id.

The only other option that we see with the current functionality would be to add and delete users in account manager for logging in and out. That is really not feasible, they would need to enter server data each time.

This solution may not be suitable for all IFS customers, so ideally this would be an option that we could turn on and off. I’m not sure where the best option for this would be (ie - company / site / user level). My best guess would be site or user level.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The Aurena Native version of Scan It does not use Account Manager so you have to login to the App directly to use it. On Apps 10 this new App is called “IFS Aurena Scan It 10”

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The Aurena Native version of Scan It does not use Account Manager so you have to login to the App directly to use it. On Apps 10 this new App is called “IFS Aurena Scan It 10”

Agreed.