Question

WaDaCo IFS APP10 possible to make it user specific on share license

• 12 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi IFS Community!!

We use 94 WaDaCo scanners in our warehouses. These scanners are set up with shared licenses.

Each scanner can have multiple users (day, night and evening shifts). Is it possible to somehow indicate which user who made the transaction on a scanner on a shared license? We can see all transactions made by the specific scanner ID but not which person/user. 

We are on IFS App 10 UPD 14. Scanner APP: IFS Apps 10 Scan it – Apps i Google Play (IFS Apps 10 Scan It).

Let me know if above need to be elaborated.

Cheers!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Christian Cordius 

if I understand you correctly you want to connect the user who makes the transaction to the composite user, right? To track the transaction of a certain user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

This is correctly understood.

Shared User on Scanner → which production user made transaction XXX.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Christian Cordius 

unfortunately it isn’t possible. In this case you have to create new IFS user for each employee.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The only user connected to a wadaco session is the Session User ID (that is visible in pages like Data Collection Session(s)) which is the user you login in with when you run Scan It. Which is the one I guess you call scanner ID (but its just a normal Oracle user).

So no I would guess not, if you want more detail information you probably have to add your own customization somehow by adding some extra way of telling which is the actual user of the device. Or force the users to login with different user login. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi ,

Thanks for your answers above.

It’s correct our WaDaCo scanner users are shared Oracle Users. I was aware we could handle it in different ways. For example create personal users for wadaco etc. But this solution is very expensive in full licenses.

I though there might be a functionality for WaDaCo that could indicate which user who made a transaction on a shared scanner(other companies have the same setup as us). Unfortunately, there is no way IFS can handle this currently.. 

But thanks for above inputs 

Br

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi ,

It’s correct our WaDaCo scanner users are shared Oracle Users. I was aware we could handle it in different ways. For example create personal users for wadaco etc. But this solution is very expensive in full licenses.

I though there might be a functionality for WaDaCo that could indicate which user who made a transaction on a shared scanner(other companies have the same setup as us). Unfortunately, there is no way IFS can handle this currently.. 

Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

maybe you can think about LTU (limited) licences for WaDaCo.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi ,

Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

Hi, 

Is it possible to use LTU (Limited) licences for only WaDaCo use? Our scanners have a unique oracle user only for scanning purposes on a scanner device. These users aren’t used anywhere else. 
Br

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi ,

Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

Hi, 

Is it possible to use LTU (Limited) licences for only WaDaCo use? Our scanners have a unique oracle user only for scanning purposes on a scanner device. These users aren’t used anywhere else. 
Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

yes, why not?

But you can’t generate it by yourself. Discuss it with an IFS consultant.

If you use some LTU licences now then you can expand it with wadaco configurations. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi ,

Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

Hi, 

Br

Hi @Christian Cordius 

yes, why not?

But you can’t generate it by yourself. Discuss it with an IFS consultant.

If you use some LTU licences now then you can expand it with wadaco configurations. 

Hi,

Do your company use WaDaCo on scanner devices with a LTU License?

Br

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Christian Cordius 

we are integrating IFS in our company and we thing about LTU licences for wadaco.

But the issue is you are not flexible with LTU. If you want to change something in the permission you have to generate it again. Because you can’t change a LTU permission set.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Christian Cordius 

we are integrating IFS in our company and we thing about LTU licences for wadaco.

But the issue is you are not flexible with LTU. If you want to change something in the permission you have to generate it again. Because you can’t change a LTU permission set.

Hi,

It’s correct. However, if these licenses only are used for scanning purposes it makes sense to consider.  At least from my company’s perspective.

Br