WaDaCo - how to active the camera for attachments

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 936 replies

Hi all,

how can I activate the camera to attach photos in wadaco?

I did the following settings but it doesn’t work. 

Normall, I expect an icon to start the camera. But it isn’t there. You can only choose a picture from the gallery. 

Our scanner works with Andorid 11.

icon

Best answer by Link 12 December 2022, 10:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Please refer below response given for previous Community post (WaDaCo Camera Functionality).

Unfortunately its not visible from the configuration client except that you get an error if you try and enabled it for a process that don’t support camera.

The fastest way to find which processes supports it is if you are an administrator and have access to database and can write some sql select against our views, the you could try this select:

SELECT * FROM data_capture_process
WHERE camera_enabled_db = 'TRUE'

Or if you have access to the source code/files you could search for *.sql files where you can find process_camera_enabled_db_ and those files/transactions that have this set to true are the ones you are looking for.

I hope this helps you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Harsha Siriwardhana 

thank you for the answer.

If the item of a configuration doesn’t support the camera function then I get an error message.

In my case the error message doesn’t appear. And I am sure that the configuration “Register_Arrivals” supports the camera function.

Maybe it doesn’t work with android 11? This is my assumption.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Just a quick comment.

Enable media pane have nothing to do with taking pictures and is not working for mobile apps anyway, it only works for the IEE and Aurena client where it can show pictures already saved in the database for either part or location. So you don’t have to enable it if you want to take pictures.

Register Arrival is supporting taking pictures, since it was the first one that even had that support. I have not heard anything about it not working for Android 11. Might be a bug or a hardware issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just a quick comment.

Enable media pane have nothing to do with taking pictures and is not working for mobile apps anyway, it only works for the IEE and Aurena client where it can show pictures already saved in the database for either part or location. So you don’t have to enable it if you want to take pictures.

Register Arrival is supporting taking pictures, since it was the first one that even had that support. I have not heard anything about it not working for Android 11. Might be a bug or a hardware issue.

Thank you for your information.

We have this issue with all our devices. First of all I thought android 11 causes this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi guys,

we’ve found the issue. Our management tool for mobile devices (Companion) causes this issue.

It doesn’t support the camera.

Thank you a lot.