Solved

WaDaCo - Data Collection Configuration

• 22 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Anyone have any deep level document on Data Collection Configuration for data collection processes of WaDaCo, specially for Report Picking of Handling Units (REPORT_PICKING_HU) and Report Picking of Parts (REPORT_PICKING_PART) ?

I have referred online documentation on this, but it doesn’t give any deep level understanding.

Actually the requirement is that the WaDaCo users need to see the Part Number (display the part no) as a step or see it as a column in another step at least, in the Report Picking of Handling Units process.

But, I checked, the Part No is not there in the Items in the Configuration window, so I cannot set the Part No as a step to select part no from list, or show it as a column in list for another step.

Part No is not there in the Items tab

What I thought was, if the users need to see the Part No, use the “Report Picking of Parts” process instead, because it has the Part No as a Data Item, so can be configured to show the Part No as a step and select from the List the part they want.

What would you think ?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 24 May 2021, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Thushitha,

Have you tried adding Part No as a feedback item? 

Tip: Usually it is best to skip the first few key Data Items when adding Feedback Items as it could slow down performance.

Best regards,
Pabasara

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Thushitha,

Have you tried adding Part No as a feedback item? 

Tip: Usually it is best to skip the first few key Data Items when adding Feedback Items as it could slow down performance.

Best regards,
Pabasara

Hi @Pabasara Kalahe ,

Thank you. Do you know what is the purpose of connecting Item Detail ID to a Data Item ID (Adding Part No to the Data Item Location No) ?

I have tried adding, but I cannot see Part No within the List of Values when I select for the Location No.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Thushitha,

Maybe I can try and explain this, even thou I'm a developer and not a functional expert. 
Those processes are made to simulate what you can do in the Report Picking of Pick List Lines page, where the part process simulate the details tab on that page and the handling unit process simulate the aggregated tab on that page. If you are only working with parts you can use the part process, if you are only working with handling units you can use the handling unit process, but if you work with both you should probably use the Start Picking process instead since that will handle and jump to each part/hu process and jump back to start process between them, the template configuration (1) have been setup like that already.
Also worth noticing that the picking process have been setup to simulate how you work the paper pick list so it will follow the same sorting order as the report have, which is the route order sorting.

As Papasara said you have part and part description as feedback items for the handling unit process. It don't add anything to any LOV, its only adds values in regular lists of the items you have scanned already.
But for it to actually show any values somethings needs to be in place for it to work. First the handling unit you are working with can only have 1 type of part in it, if there are different parts inside the handling unit then you will only see something like this "Mixed". But in your case you haven't even identified the handling unit yet so you will probably not get any value at all, it needs to know handling unit id before it can show the part values if they are unique and not mixed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

“Thank you. Do you know what is the purpose of connecting Item Detail ID to a Data Item ID (Adding Part No to the Data Item Location No) ?”

You add feedback items to come after a specific data item, so its just the position. It could also use the value of the data item if its needed to fetch the feedback item, but in this case part and part description is fetched from handling unit id so you need to have scanned/identified the specific handling unit id (RES_HANDLING_UNIT_ID) first. Or at least identified the record by a choosing/pick the aggregated_line_id and from that value it should be able to identify the handling unit id.

This is very common mistake that users do when they don’t realize how important the unique_line_id/aggregated_line_id are since they will point to the entire record similar like when you choose a line in the regular picking page. That’s why these items should come early in the configuration and we have them as default Auto-Pick so system will pick one at the time following the current sorting order (which in this case is route order sorting) and the configuration is then setup as guided process so it will guide the user to which pick list line to take next.

You can change that and the order how you scan/choose your items but you need to be careful with the configuration and the order of the items if you do, it can affect performance and you might not get values for feedback items if the necessary data have not been identified/scanned yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dario Zani ,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Can I ask what the route sorting order is (which seems to be the default sorting order as you have explained) ?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In Warehouse Navigator page and the Locations tab you see and set the different route order for warehouse, bay, tier, row, bin for a specific location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In Warehouse Navigator page and the Locations tab you see and set the different route order for warehouse, bay, tier, row, bin for a specific location.

Thank you @Dario Zani