Question

Transport tasks: locking down destination

• 2 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent the user from choosing or changing the destination location while processing a transport task from an Android WADACO client?

We wish to utilize the 2-step picking functionality to process shipments. The destination of the transport task is the particular door/trailer that corresponds to a shipment, as we process many shipments simultaneously. We are seeking a way to allow the user to scan the destination, and to validate it is the correct location before allowing them to proceed.

I understand the field can be given an automatic value, but being able to validate the user’s choice is key.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The only validation for DESTINATION at the moment seems to be that it exists as inventory part destination basic data.

If you want more validations then that I guess you need to make your own customer adaption to handle it. Not sure if this could be consider as bug in the CORE functionality, I know that functionality too little myself.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks for your reply Dario. Unfortunately we are on managed cloud infrastructure, so our ability to customize is limited.

I did find a workaround, for anyone else that might stumble upon this:

I created a custom event:

• LU = TransportTaskLine
  • Table = TRANSPORT_TASK_LINE_TAB
  • Fire when: Objects are changed
  • Only when x attribute is changed: TO_LOCATION_NO
  • Fire: Before object is changed
  • Available attributes: TO_LOCATION_NO (Old)

Event action:

• Type: Execute online SQL
    DECLARE
    l_dummy varchar2(1);
    BEGIN
    SELECT * INTO l_dummy from dual;
    IF l_dummy = 'X' THEN raise_application_error(-20001,'Location must be &OLD:TO_LOCATION_NO');
    END IF;
    END;

If the user tries to change the location, the WADACO client prevents them from proceeding and displays a “Location must be XYZ” error message.